Dead after 3 days.. Sixline past away unexpectly

SomeHappyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this little guy Friday at 3pm. He looked normale and the guy at the LFS feed him some shrimp and he ate well, he even took his piece and went in his corner to eat.

30 min drive.
30 min temp acclimation.
30 min Drip Acclimation.

Has soon has I added him to the tank he was relatively calm and stayed near the back wall to feed on pods but he was strangely swimming with a 25-45⁰ on most occasion...

He was fine with his tank mates, midas never bothered him, fire fish ignored him has the two small gobies.

I Just found him upside down on a rock coming back from work.

Any reason why he would die this quickly? Looks like a red spot on him... is it euronema? Was I sold a sick fish? Do I go back, or take it as a 50$ lesson... Poor guy I loved him.

1000005736.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I bought this little guy Friday at 3pm. He looked normale and the guy at the LFS feed him some shrimp and he ate well, he even took his piece and went in his corner to eat.

30 min drive.
30 min temp acclimation.
30 min Drip Acclimation.

Has soon has I added him to the tank he was relatively calm and stayed near the back wall to feed on pods but he was strangely swimming with a 25-45⁰ on most occasion...

He was fine with his tank mates, midas never bothered him, fire fish ignored him has the two small gobies.

Any reason why he would die this quickly? Looks like a red spot on him... is it euronema? Was I sold a sick fish? Do I go back, or take it as a 50$ lesson... Poor guy I loved him.

1000005736.jpg
Was the bag turned sideways where the fish could have ingested air?
Did you equalize the salinity in the bag with that of the tank?
Did you observe the fish being caught and how the person catching it was patient or aggressive with net?

OP
OP
SomeHappyFish

SomeHappyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was the bag turned sideways where the fish could have ingested air?
Did you equalize the salinity in the bag with that of the tank?
Did you observe the fish being caught and how the person catching it was patient or aggressive with net?
The bag was never turned sideways.

I drip acclimated the salinity with an accudrip and checked with my hanna checker.

Patient. The fish was mostly calm, after acclimation I was able to take it with my hand.
I was suprised by its tranquility

Only thing I did different then my other fish was taking it with my hand then drop it inside my tank. The others I left a bit of water then dropped them.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Visually, it’s impossible to say for sure, but that lesion could have been Uronema.

Kiboshed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

30 min drive.
30 min temp acclimation.
30 min Drip Acclimation.

1000005736.jpg
Two pretty distinct lesions here. Looks like it had the hell beaten out of it or possibly Uronema.

Sorry for your loss.

markup_1000004174.jpg

Kiboshed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have peacefull fish.
Antenna gobies, firefish, midas blenny... my take euronema caused by my acclimation process.
I don't mean to say it was bullied.

More like someone was too rough with a net or dropped it.

Peair

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

30 min drive.
30 min temp acclimation.
30 min Drip Acclimation.

1000005736.jpg
I don't know what it is, it could be stress, try and do some research, or maybe somebody could tell you here, and then try and take it back, it's a shame losing all that money on a fish,

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most fish stores also keep the salanity lower than the average reef keeper.
Perhaps the salanity jumped to high to quick?
I'm assuming you don't have a qt. You can/should set up even a small one for observation at minimum so you don't introduce any disease to the main display.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back