Emergency Dying tang!!!!

SpencerT82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I have had this yellow tang for about a year. He has always done good and he has always been healthy and has always ate a lot and has been very lively. In The past few days he has gotten very sick. He has had white on him for just under a weak which I thought was HLLE and now what looks like rotting fins and he has stopped eating and has been constantly hiding or rubbed up against something like the wall or rocks. Is there anything I can do to save him. Also I have one other tang a flame fin tomini. The yellow tang is the boss of the tank and they have there occasional scuffle however since the yellow tang is sick I have seen the flame fin beat up on him or push him into corners. Should I take the yellow tang out and put him in acclimation box (about 8x5 inches) or sump or just leave him in dt? I don’t have any other tanks. All my other fish are doing great except him. Please any advice would help.

IMG_0018.jpeg IMG_0019.jpeg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read this and provide some white light photos and a 20 second video please.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi, I have had this yellow tang for about a year. He has always done good and he has always been healthy and has always ate a lot and has been very lively. In The past few days he has gotten very sick. He has had white on him for just under a weak which I thought was HLLE and now what looks like rotting fins and he has stopped eating and has been constantly hiding or rubbed up against something like the wall or rocks. Is there anything I can do to save him. Also I have one other tang a flame fin tomini. The yellow tang is the boss of the tank and they have there occasional scuffle however since the yellow tang is sick I have seen the flame fin beat up on him or push him into corners. Should I take the yellow tang out and put him in acclimation box (about 8x5 inches) or sump or just leave him in dt? I don’t have any other tanks. All my other fish are doing great except him. Please any advice would help.

IMG_0018.jpeg IMG_0019.jpeg
I see cloudy eyes, pinched belly and loss of color and can be due to diet, water quality, stress from flame or disease.
Im suspecting a bacterial issue (based on eyes and body) but a video of at least 30 seconds will be helpful
Is fish breathing labored?

OP
OP
SpencerT82

SpencerT82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a video in mostly white I tried to get a 30 second but it wouldn’t upload so I sniped 10 seconds of the video, the rest of the 30 seconds look the same. I don’t believe his breathing is labored at all possibly a tiny bit but not too much. He just sits in one spot for a while and will move spots every once in a while and then stay there. He is normally a very active fish and is relatively aggresive towards anyone in his way I’ve never seen anyone bully him except for now while he is sick which the flame fin is being very aggressive now. For parameters I don’t have an ammonia or nitrite test kit so I can’t test those however my tank has been running for 2 years so I can’t see why they would be elevated plus every other fish is doing great. Nitrate is 0, phosphates hover around 0.6 - 0.14, temp is 77, and my salinity is 1.025.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a video in mostly white I tried to get a 30 second but it wouldn’t upload so I sniped 10 seconds of the video, the rest of the 30 seconds look the same. I don’t believe his breathing is labored at all possibly a tiny bit but not too much. He just sits in one spot for a while and will move spots every once in a while and then stay there. He is normally a very active fish and is relatively aggresive towards anyone in his way I’ve never seen anyone bully him except for now while he is sick which the flame fin is being very aggressive now. For parameters I don’t have an ammonia or nitrite test kit so I can’t test those however my tank has been running for 2 years so I can’t see why they would be elevated plus every other fish is doing great. Nitrate is 0, phosphates hover around 0.6 - 0.14, temp is 77, and my salinity is 1.025.

I don't see any rapid breathing, but both of the fish's eyes are cloudy.

What/when was the last few animals added to this tank?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 51 73.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back