My first Acro...Purple Bonsai??

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL Speaking of which, I got a Deltec for sale if I can't make the dang thing stop shooting water everywhere...

:D
Laurie

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jessiesgrrl said:
LOL Speaking of which, I got a Deltec for sale if I can't make the dang thing stop shooting water everywhere...

Laurie

which did you get?

i think its kinda funny how deltecs are made from cheaper materials than their H&S counterparts, yet are MUCH more expensive just b/c of the name.

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got it as part of the package deal with my new used tank. It's the AP600 I believe. The guy I bought the tank from was an SPSer so the skimmer is rated for like a 500 gallon tank, but he was using it on a 135.

Crazy... I traded him a pair of diamond earrings for his wife (the ones I showed you pics of) and $850 for the 135, stand, hood, 3 250 HQI MH lights, a premium aquatics controller computer, 4 tunze 6080 pumps w/magnet holders, a Tunze multicontroller/wavemaker thing, the Deltec skimmer, his refugium, all his livestock (most of which was dead), KATI/ANI system and muriatic acid, saltwater supplies and chemicals, Salifert test kits, and every saltwater book in the house.

I sold 2 of the tunze pumps right off the bat and made half the cash back. He had to get rid of the tank fast because they went on vacation and it flooded their house while they were gone because a snail got stuck in one of the return tubes. His wife was very unhappy...

Good for me, though!
Laurie

OP
OP
jonbar1

jonbar1

Growing Out
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I seem to have a horrible affliction where I want both. For example, I currently have two very different wild "superman" montis, one which is indigo with brownish red polyps and one that is bright blue with orangish red polyps, and now I want the real deal one to go with them. If I find another brightly colored wild variety of the "superman" I will probably buy it too. Of course I didn't pay a fraction of what the real deal costs for the wild ones, but I still get as much enjoyment out of them as if I payed a lot more.

Anyone know a good source for the original?

Jon

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i also have 2 versions of the superman. one is a fake, but has a ridiculous blue/purple color, much more vibrant than the original one. but the polyps are very very dark burgundy. but i love it.

i also have the original superman, but only b/c it was offered to me in a trade i couldn't resist. i am plenty content with the fake i had, and would never shell out $100 for 1/2" by 1/2" of the real thing.

i love both, prob more so the fake one. which i think was originaly called the "purple haze monti". but of course people have been taking advantage of the similarity and try to sell it at the price of an original superman.

Mr. Ugly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
surfn said:
however, if a *wild* superman colony, *wild* watermelon chalice colony, or *wild* pink lemonade acro colony bought for a bargain price, but isnt quite as elustrious as the original is good enough for Reefer A, and they are pleased with the color and price, that is all that matters. Reefer A should just be open about where/how they got it, instead of trying to pass it off like its the exact same thing people are paying hundreds of dollars for a mere inch when they know it isn't the same thing.

JMO. I'm all for getting something that looks essentially the same, for a fraction of what some gullable reefers pay for in this hobby. But I won't pass it around as the same thing to make an extra buck, when I know its not the same thing.
Yup, same thoughts here.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jessiesgrrl said:
Crazy... I traded him a pair of diamond earrings for his wife (the ones I showed you pics of) and $850

I can't believe he let his wife AND $850 go for a pair of diamond earrings. What is this world coming to??????lol

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gflat65 said:
jessiesgrrl said:
Crazy... I traded him a pair of diamond earrings for his wife (the ones I showed you pics of) and $850

I can't believe he let his wife AND $850 go for a pair of diamond earrings. What is this world coming to??????lol

thats how i read it also lol

laurie, you have a lucky husband :lol:

i wish my girlfriend would trade away some of her junk for another girl. i mean, its a win-win situation in my shoes. get rid of her useless stuff, and i get a 3-some. :D

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back