My first anemone... questions.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the tips were out then your anemone sounds fine to me. Just watch to make sure it doesn’t float off and give it plenty of substrate to move around and settle into.

OP
OP
J

Joshua Agostoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the tips were out then your anemone sounds fine to me. Just watch to make sure it doesn’t float off and give it plenty of substrate to move around and settle into.
Right now it looks like it's digging into the substrate he's sitting on his foot and there is sand that it has pushed up around the base so it looks like he is digging in to attach to the glass.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now it looks like it's digging into the substrate he's sitting on his foot and there is sand that it has pushed up around the base so it looks like he is digging in to attach to the glass.
Haha god that’s awesome
Was he attached to the glass at the lfs?

OP
OP
J

Joshua Agostoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or I can just take it off the rock I'm sure that's possible i.mean if I tick It off enough I'm sure it will let go

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That is great! Let him be and he will be happy. I was never able to get me Long Tentacle to attach. No matter how hard I tried. My BTA’s are doing great though!

-Zack, who will never own another LTA

OP
OP
J

Joshua Agostoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is great! Let him be and he will be happy. I was never able to get me Long Tentacle to attach. No matter how hard I tried. My BTA’s are doing great though!

-Zack, who will never own another LTA
I'm hoping he just stay upright so i can get my clowns to host.. I bought him so my clowns didn't have to sleep on the sand anymore.

deeznutz1878812

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I 've had luck getting them to latch on...at least temporarily...where I kind of wanted by taking small chunks of my lr and making a little barrier to keep him in the area

OP
OP
J

Joshua Agostoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I 've had luck getting them to latch on...at least temporarily...where I kind of wanted by taking small chunks of my lr and making a little barrier to keep him in the area
I placed him on the rocks and kinda surrounded him in over night he got moody and moved so since he seems to like where he is now im gonna leave him and I work at 9 so once the lights go out he'll have from 2am till 9pm till I get home a check on him

deeznutz1878812

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worked for this guy the other day
6742a751bcb93ae3624433567cf3484f.jpg

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I guess long tipped anemones don't like attaching to rock they like being in substrate so.
Well mine would go between the sand and rock but your right these are not rock dwelling anemones that’s more the rbta style. I’ve learned that if your anemone will cling to the rock first it won’t blow away when it moves itself to the sand bed

OP
OP
J

Joshua Agostoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small update... so far I checked on him this morning and he hasn't moved so well check again tonight and see how it's doing.

OP
OP
J

Joshua Agostoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this is my update for tonight I'm kinda concerned about this update though.. his mouth is open and I noticed a couple testicles flattened.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back