My first anemone... questions.

Joshua Agostoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if I added him correctly. I did my acclimation and placed him in with my hand. My flow was to high it was blowing him around I got him to the sand bed but he was laying on his side so i went ahead and placed him in a spot were I would love for him to be knowing he is going to probably move. I went ahead and shut off my power head to give him a coupl3 of hours to decide weather or not his gonna attach himself there.

Is there anything else I should have done.. is it normal for them to float and glide through the water or is my power head to strong never had to worry about it with my fish so I'm not sure if that's a problem.

Any suggestions would be a huge help thanks guys and gals

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its totally normal for the anemone to float and take a while getting its foot to grab hold. Depending on the animal and state of shock and water quality I’ve had to sit there and wait for 10 minute for an anemone to leave my hand to transfer to the rock. They like crevices so don’t be alarmed if it hides till it’s comfortable in the new environment. But keep an eye on her because if they can’t find a place they like they tend to float away in hopes of finding a more suitable area to their liking. Once during an upgrade my anemone tried to float away 3 times!

OP
OP
J

Joshua Agostoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its totally normal for the anemone to float and take a while getting its foot to grab hold. Depending on the animal and state of shock and water quality I’ve had to sit there and wait for 10 minute for an anemone to leave my hand to transfer to the rock. They like crevices so don’t be alarmed if it hides till it’s comfortable in the new environment. But keep an eye on her because if they can’t find a place they like they tend to float away in hopes of finding a more suitable area to their liking. Once during an upgrade my anemone tried to float away 3 times!
Ok.. I woke up this morning and noticed some strands of slim. Is this normal?

rich nyc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
could still be acclimating. I have had an a couple that looked great and declined. I did not give up on them and they took a few months but now look great.

OP
OP
J

Joshua Agostoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok.. I woke up this morning and noticed some strands of slim. Is this normal?
I'm just wondering if the normally will produce slim I've only had him for a day now it's still moving around but there is some slim strands attached to rocks while it moves around just checking if this is normal.

OP
OP
J

Joshua Agostoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also do they move using there tentacles cause it's foot is out not on ground and his testicles are on the ground

OP
OP
J

Joshua Agostoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180121/845cdfcf479ed864fa462227661a2e39.jpg[/IMG

The slime was a couple of thin clear strands there gone now.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The nitrates are 5 and under and the tank has bin around for 8 momths
Okay that’s great maybe the anemone was acclimated to a much dirtier tank. what kind of rock are you using. Anemones move by stretching and or inflating they’re foot not with tips or tentacles.

OP
OP
J

Joshua Agostoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have live rock.. I have a long tipped. I heard they like to settle into the sand bed not on rocks. So I flipped him over on to his foot before he was testicle down and foot up. Which I didn't think was right.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmm okay in my opinion the anemone will need to hide for it to feel safe to crawl around and adjust. Upside down could be normal when hiding from the light, during the adjustment period. Was it in a ball or were the tips out.

Last edited:

FlyinBryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pull him out, take him back to the lfs, never make the mistake again! Ha ha! It’s actually what I did with all 15 of mine. They’re hardy and crawl to where they want to go. I didn’t see mine for like 3-4 days but then he came back out and split literally 14 times over 3 years until I said.. no mas!! Good luck.

OP
OP
J

Joshua Agostoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pull him out, take him back to the lfs, never make the mistake again! Ha ha! It’s actually what I did with all 15 of mine. They’re hardy and crawl to where they want to go. I didn’t see mine for like 3-4 days but then he came back out and split literally 14 times over 3 years until I said.. no mas!! Good luck.
Yeah I'll pass and keep giving it a shot. I've wanted one for a while so... I've seen people having success and heard stories of not so I'm trying... what do u mean split like it can reproduce by itself cause that would be awesome.

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back