My first bristleworm sting

  • Thread starter Thread starter PeterEde
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PeterEde

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2021
Messages
2,625
Reaction score
2,194
Location
Adelaide, South Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lucky me I realized I touched it and didn't rub it. I removed the bristles using a bandaid and I think I got them all. No real pain so far.
I guess fingertips are pretty thick.

20220226_150044.jpg 20220226_145250.jpg
 
Cool! I mean,,, sorry,, but cool.
I used to scoop them up or pull them out of filter pads barehanded all the time,,, to show people or look at the bristles in digital microscope. Never got any bristles stuck in me.
Heard the stories so started being more careful, but where's the fun in that?
 
Cool! I mean,,, sorry,, but cool.
I used to scoop them up or pull them out of filter pads barehanded all the time,,, to show people or look at the bristles in digital microscope. Never got any bristles stuck in me.
Heard the stories so started being more careful, but where's the fun in that?
Just glad it was not worse. I can imagine these being quite painful. I keep thinking I should use gloves when putting hands in
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new