My first marine tank x60.2

Notsolostfish

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2014
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
801
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After going for freshwater for 8 years now, I decided to make the jump on the reef life!. I'm completely a beginner, so I'm researching along the way. gathering my equipment's.

So far....

-Tank: water box marine x60.2 36 gallons display, and 18 gallons sump.
-Lighting: xr15 blue radion.
-Skimmer: Nyos Quantum 120.
-ATO: Tunze 3155 osmolator.
-Wave maker: Nero's 3 2x (when i find another one in stock eventually).
-Sand Caribsea special grade.
-Refigum, I ordered a custom baffle kit for my tank waiting for it to arrive.
-Return pump: Vectra s2

I leveled the tank yesterday, and it was complete pain, especially my basement floor is uneven, but I managed to do it some how. a lot of wood shims killed in the process haha.

274127758_1110037439839603_1984988490388330968_n.jpg

Plumbing was easy enough.

274656239_1383219815466280_1407008003635146088_n.jpg


I didn't expect too many cables, and controllers, I really didn't think this through. I tried to do my own DIY, even though I'm not a DIY guy haha, turned out ugly. I tried to convince myself that it's only in the basement, and nobody going to see it, but me. But it didn't work out. I ordered the cabinet by Adaptive reef from Bulk reef supply. I will assemble it tomorrow, and post a picture.


277853926_1230750804124544_954391228521568534_n.jpg


My wave maker placement, I am trying to find the best placement for my neros 3 I love the look at the back. I had to drive 1 hour to get the last neros 3 in my whole state haha.

276968817_293823942828787_3175575672574651060_n.jpg

I was messing a little bit with my light, a lot of options in the app, Eventually ill get the hang of it. A lot to take in haha.

275503406_5135479379825131_8031394807602042348_n.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new