My first marine tank.

8

88471

Guest
View Badges
This is my 40 breeder. Currently going through the diatom stage. Once that clears I plan to add an assortment of mushrooms, leathers, colts and pulsing xenia. It's about 12 weeks old. Current stock is a female mocha clownfish, a male ocellaris, scooter blenny, cleaner shrimp, emerald crab and other cuc. I plan to add a few bangaii cardinals and a royal gramma. Any suggestions for how to improve it are welcome.
1506728012509744189468.jpg
 
Welcome to R2R. Beautiful tank.I like your rock setup. I’m working on my 40g stand right now, my first saltwater tank.
 
Great start, tank look great:)
 
I'm using a Marineland Penguin 200 and a Quiet Flow 75. Combined flow is 600gph. No skimmer as I was told I wouldn't need one with the stock and corals I want to keep. I'm going to add a jebao wp10 in the next few weeks. I'm beginning to think the brown is dinos instead of diatoms. It's spreading so fast you can practically see it. And I just noticed it's producing little bubbles.
 
Welcome to Reef2reef! Go slow.

Good test kits are a must and a skimmer would be helpful. A HOB skimmer will help with waste produced by the corals and fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new