My first marine tank.

DoomervilleG

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 21, 2021
Messages
115
Reaction score
144
Location
Hastings
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A build thread, because while the tank is still young, I'm seriously considering redoing the aquascape, as well as setting up a 10/20g sump. This tank just turned 7 months old.

Current Coral:
2 zoanthid frags (Not sure what fancy name they have, they were cheap grab bag zoas)
Purple Frilly Gorg
Ultra Florida Ricordea located in a shot glass, its on time out for sneaking off the frag one night.
A duncan, which has sprouted what appears to be 6 new heads in a matter of 3 weeks, all of which have small polyps popping out now
A frag of GSP that looks like its headed out, unfortunately.

Fish/Inverts:
Black and White Oce
Midnight Lightning Oce
Pink Bar Goby/Pistol Pair
4 Astrea Turbos
6 Nassarius Vibex
2 Mexican Nassarius
2 Red Leg Hermits
1 Blue Leg Hermits
Cleaner Shrimp
Pretty sure a bristle worm exists in the tank
At LEAST 2 micro brittle stars that arrived with the GSP frag months ago that like to wave to us from the rocks every once in awhile.

I had a huge algae problem in the first 3 months of the tank, hence the bigger CUC, though still much much smaller than was suggested in the beginning. No casualties yet!

Currently, everything except the Gorgonian is mounted on a frag, and that will make it relatively simple to rescape. I think. The sand bed will likely stay the same, if I decide to rescape it.

Side note: Biocubes are awesome. I regret not going bigger though.

20210817_121342.jpg
 
Nice
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new