My first nano reef tank

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first reef tank (10 gallon) and my first attempt at aqua scapes, I got all of these corals for $100 and just wanted to show it off to you guys and get some feed back and advice it’s all welcome good or bad or if it looks good let me know that aswell! (The coral beauty is a inch and a half and is only there for a few months until she gets a bit bigger so she isn’t fish food when she goes into my main system) the corals I have are neon green toadstool, green hairy mushroom, purple hairy mushroom, golden Ricordia mushroom, anthelia, Xenia, firework clove, green bubble tip anemone, yellow and green gsp, two kinds of zoa and two gorgonians. Tank is kept at recommended reef parameters and is around 5 months old, I’m installing a hob refugium on it soon and just added some coralin spores. Doing water changes twice a month and not dosing anything but coral feed using instant ocean premium salt. The gsp and bubble tip are kind of mad in the video because they were just added right before it but are fully opened up now. https://youtube.com/shorts/lDJoXX_XcE8?feature=share please let me know your thoughts and anything I should change at all you guys know better than I do so please don’t hold back

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first reef tank (10 gallon) and my first attempt at aqua scapes, I got all of these corals for $100 and just wanted to show it off to you guys and get some feed back and advice it’s all welcome good or bad or if it looks good let me know that aswell! (The coral beauty is a inch and a half and is only there for a few months until she gets a bit bigger so she isn’t fish food when she goes into my main system) the corals I have are neon green toadstool, green hairy mushroom, purple hairy mushroom, golden Ricordia mushroom, anthelia, Xenia, firework clove, green bubble tip anemone, yellow and green gsp, two kinds of zoa and two gorgonians. Tank is kept at recommended reef parameters and is around 5 months old, I’m installing a hob refugium on it soon and just added some coralin spores. Doing water changes twice a month and not dosing anything but coral feed using instant ocean premium salt. The gsp and bubble tip are kind of mad in the video because they were just added right before it but are fully opened up now. https://youtube.com/shorts/lDJoXX_XcE8?feature=share please let me know your thoughts and anything I should change at all you guys know better than I do so please don’t hold back
Tank looks good from what I can see!!!

Phil Steel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice little set up! Just make sure the gsp and xenia are on their own isolated space or they'll overrun the entire tank!

OP
OP
A

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice little set up! Just make sure the gsp and xenia are on their own isolated space or they'll overrun the entire tank!
Yeah I get that, so the idea is kind of for that to happen, because I read that gsp won’t grow away from the light so if you place it high up it won’t spread downwards right? but I moved all my mushrooms to one island and my zoas to a island so that they can grow there and the rest can get covered in gsp anthelia xenia and clove polyp

OP
OP
A

ARGYGANG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I get that, so the idea is kind of for that to happen, because I read that gsp won’t grow away from the light so if you place it high up it won’t spread downwards right? but I moved all my mushrooms to one island and my zoas to a island so that they can grow there and the rest can get covered in gsp anthelia xenia and clove polyp
Super low work tank, I keep nitrates at 20+ and everything is growing fast as, my zoas are growing to fast for my liking haha. I’ve been feeding this microvert by coralife and it’s making my corals grow like dumb fast idk why but if it works then I’m gonna keep on trucking

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 59 29.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 71 35.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 16.7%
  • Other

Votes: 58 29.3%
Back