My first Pink Tip Anemone! Looking for care tips :)

  • Thread starter Thread starter gemini9
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Good luck w your nem. It is a pink Condy. I've seen clowns host them, but it's not likely do don't get your hopes up. These nems are from Fl where there are no clowns. However you don't need to take it back, provided you have enough light for it and it can find a spot w indirect flow. Other than that, feed once a week, I used partial silversides, frozen. And the rest is regular water maintenance. Good luck.
 
Thanks. I think it found a goood spot. It has been in this one certain spot overnight and through all of today so I guess it's happy. It gets some flow, but doesn't seem to be bothering it too much. What about the sting? Should I wear some kind of latex gloves while working in the tank? Will it be safe to get another different species of anemone that will more likely host my clowns? If so, what would you recommend? Rose Bubble Tips?
 
Rose bubble tip...
 

Attachments

  • uploadfromtaptalk1413373594047.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1413373594047.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 207
Gemini9- hey did you keep your anemone? I have the same one, no problems with him. My clown doesn't even know he exists yet cause they stay on opposite sides of the tank. I've had mine for 2 weeks now and so far so good. Let me know if you have any tips.
 
hey I haven't been on the forum in awhile. I still have my anemone and it's been a few months, he is doing great. I noticed last week he started getting these brown spots that looked like sand but recently read that is good and it means he is changing to his normal color. I just bought a second clown a few days ago cause my other clown just hangs our in a corner, neither have paid attention to the anemone yet. My emerald crab loves to hang with my anemone though but hasn't caused any problems. Any chance you have a Sergeant General Damsel? I love there coloring but I know they are aggressive and was trying to see if anyone has had any luck with them. All my fish have been great for months 2-yellow tail damsels, 2-clowns, 1-coral beauty and a lawn mower blenny. I'm looking for something a little larger to make my tank look more full.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 36.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new