OP
OP
findingsimple

findingsimple

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks awesome! One setup question if you don't mind- how did you decide to connect your Vectra M2 return to the Cade plumbing? The stock outflow is larger than the flex pipe Cade supplies, I believe, at least on the 900 I'm setting up. Thanks!
Hi! Yeah I believe you are correct, I had a bit of trouble with that. My LFS managed to find a piece of hard pipe in an odds and ends box that acted as a reducer - used it on the Vectra and then the flex pipe connected to that much more nicely

I’ve had similar trouble with most of the Cade plumbing trying to connect to other equipment eg chillers, media reactors - everything is just slightly off one way or the other

Mark Hyman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! Yeah I believe you are correct, I had a bit of trouble with that. My LFS managed to find a piece of hard pipe in an odds and ends box that acted as a reducer - used it on the Vectra and then the flex pipe connected to that much more nicely

I’ve had similar trouble with most of the Cade plumbing trying to connect to other equipment eg chillers, media reactors - everything is just slightly off one way or the other
Thanks- I ended up PVC gluing a 1" to 3/4" bushing reducer into the Vectra fitting, adding a short 3/4" standpipe, sanding the outer pipe edges slightly, then heating the end of the Cade hose in hot water and working it over the 3/4". I put clamps on but it's a very tight fit so I feel pretty good about it long-term. After all that, I found that the US catalog supplier Aquacave (which is one town over from me) stocks metric to imperial PVC adapters. :) Oh well- happy enough with my setup.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.8%
Back