My first salt water tank

Vinnyv87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello y’all I’m new to the salt water community but me and my son are looking into setting up a tank and have been researching for the past year on everything we need to know we have fresh water tanks setups and are just ready to make the switch and we finally got the ok from the old lady so let the journey began and thanks for letting us be apart of your guys community

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

crab.gif

OP
OP
Vinnyv87

Vinnyv87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!! It’s awesome that you can share the hobby with your son!

What are some of the fish or coral you’d like to get? Will you be converting a tank you already have or setting up something new?

Again, welcome!!
We want a Mixed reef tank still trying to figure out if we want a aio setup or a sump wife just is worried about the tank setup leaking and overflowing into our house so the safest options is what I have to do and for fish idk pair of clowns clean up crew and what not ... was looking into the IM 25g lagoon but maybe want a bigger tank maybe 40 or 50g I might get away with the wife

CheckeredPants

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We want a Mixed reef tank still trying to figure out if we want a aio setup or a sump wife just is worried about the tank setup leaking and overflowing into our house so the safest options is what I have to do and for fish idk pair of clowns clean up crew and what not ... was looking into the IM 25g lagoon but maybe want a bigger tank maybe 40 or 50g I might get away with the wife
I totally understand getting the wife’s approval. LoL. AIOs are great. I’ve kept one for years. Only after the wife’s approval was I able to get a bigger tank too.

I had my wife come to fish stores with me and she fell in love with the view of bigger tanks. Had I known this would happen I would have taken her with me years ago!! :p

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 63 36.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back