My First Saltwater Aquarium

Salty Lemon

Doing my best to make waves.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing in this hobby that really stinks is patience. It is hard playing the waiting game when you want to throw all kinds of life in your tank. Good luck and welcome! This is the perfect place to get your questions answered.
Lemon Waving.gif

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm right there with you. Started my cycle sunday morning. Live sand, a few pieces of live rock, and mostly dry. Dr. Tim's for me. I have a shrimp, a big one like you'd get at an expensive wedding reception, sitting in the tank and the whole room smells like the dumpster behind a chinese take out. So far, I'm barely able to detect ammonia, but nitrates are on the rise! Best of luck with your cycle.... and beyond

OP
OP
TPReef

TPReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm right there with you. Started my cycle sunday morning. Live sand, a few pieces of live rock, and mostly dry. Dr. Tim's for me. I have a shrimp, a big one like you'd get at an expensive wedding reception, sitting in the tank and the whole room smells like the dumpster behind a chinese take out. So far, I'm barely able to detect ammonia, but nitrates are on the rise! Best of luck with your cycle.... and beyond

I didn’t want to add a Shrimp because of the bad smell. Lol. I had a 0.25ppm reading of ammonia yesterday. My Dr. Tim’s Ammonium Chloride should be in today. I’m really excited. Didn’t know looking at nothing but dry rock and live sand would make me so happy. Best of Luck to you

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn’t want to add a Shrimp because of the bad smell. Lol. I had a 0.25ppm reading of ammonia yesterday. My Dr. Tim’s Ammonium Chloride should be in today. I’m really excited. Didn’t know looking at nothing but dry rock and live sand would make me so happy. Best of Luck to you

I don't care about the smell. My mother in-law is visiting this weekend :) Should be nice-n-ripe by then!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
fIRST Reef tank and the excitement of the piece of the ocean in your hands !!

we-welcome-you-red-carpet-friendly-greeting-words-animation_4f49s1ttx__F0014.png

Back