OP
OP
Sordfish

Sordfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clownfish are beautiful but they are complete jerks - especially within their own kind. They are damsels. Adding them all at the same time, the same size and last is the best advice I can give. If you do add newbies later try to add larger specimens. They all have their own personalities and some take the jerk factor to the extreme. I have had to take some back to LFS they were such complete jerks.
I have a pair of snowflake clownfish now. I bought them as juveniles. I named them "little jerks". Every time I put my hand in the water, they attack - bite, bite, bite .... endlessly. And as they grow, their bites are getting more painful. They are so eager to get at my hands, a couple of times, they couldn't wait for me to put my hands in the water. Instead, they jumped out of the water while my hands were hovering above. Both times they landed in the overflow. I was so tempted to leave them there but ... I guess I knew what they were going to be like so I can't blame them for being damsels. They have left all other fishes/snails alone. So I am lucky on that front. It is just me they hate:anguished-face:. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you:angry-face:.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back