My First Saltwater Tank!!

Snaizel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just posting an image of my first saltwater tank! I just joined this forum yesterday and im already excited to start adding things to this cycled tank!!

Im using a nuvo reclife (i believe that's what it's called?) 24g cube AIO! got a decent deal on it used and I have caribsea life rock and live sand here. Any upgrade options to gear always welcomed (using the standard pump and skimmer it came with). I added chemipure elite and sponges and a basic aquatop heater.

Looking to get a tunze osmolator ato as my first upgrade.

Im using a kessil a80 for the light but I've had it off this whole time (wanna avoid the ugly phase as much as possible haha)

20201006_161414.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome and great start!

Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, really nice rock scape!! Looking forward to seeing more :)

OP
OP
Snaizel

Snaizel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool tank I have a stocking suggestion of starting with cleanup crew then moving too one or two fish at first and then maybe 1 - 2 more fish

Ty for the suggestion! I was planning on starting with a simple ocellaris clown. I was worried that if I added a CUC first that there wouldn't be enough of a food source in the tank to feed them yet but maybe im overthinking it

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Tank looks great! Excited to see the progression of this! If I could recommend one piece of equipment that is essential for nano tanks is an ATO having that allows for minimal change in salinity!

Looking forward to seeing updates! Happy reefing!

OP
OP
Snaizel

Snaizel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Tank looks great! Excited to see the progression of this! If I could recommend one piece of equipment that is essential for nano tanks is an ATO having that allows for minimal change in salinity!

Looking forward to seeing updates! Happy reefing!

Yes! My eyes have been set on a tunze osmolator but if there are any other really reliable ones I'd love suggestions. I'm using a spare 5.5g basic glass tank as a resevoir

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes! My eyes have been set on a tunze osmolator but if there are any other really reliable ones I'd love suggestions. I'm using a spare 5.5g basic glass tank as a resevoir
I chat about all my equipment I use on my 25 lagoon in my tank tour on my YouTube channel.. linked below in my signature would love for ya to check it out!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back