My first scoly!

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Joined
Mar 27, 2022
Messages
7,146
Reaction score
10,451
Location
Easton
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My first full size scoly and my most expensive coral I hope it does well! I did get a steal of a deal on him though. He is a little bit stressed and didn’t ship the best.:grimacing-face: Fingers crossed if not I’m probably not getting any others.
IMG_7795.jpeg
 
Nice looking scoly!
 
I had a button scoly die on me because my lighting was too high I believe. I stuck this little buddy under a rock. Is it normal for the skeleton to show like that especially if shipped and the coral is stressed? The white stuff on it is the skeleton also my hermit crabs seem to be loving it ugh.
IMG_7803.jpeg
 
I had a button scoly die on me because my lighting was too high I believe. I stuck this little buddy under a rock. Is it normal for the skeleton to show like that especially if shipped and the coral is stressed? The white stuff on it is the skeleton also my hermit crabs seem to be loving it.
It is definitely deflated and stressed from being shipped. The things sticking out of it, is the skeleton like you said. It is definitely not normal, but considering the fact that it's gone through alot in the past few days, I wouldn't worry about it too much. As the coral puffs up, you shouldn't see it.
 
It is definitely deflated and stressed from being shipped. The things sticking out of it, is the skeleton like you said. It is definitely not normal, but considering the fact that it's gone through alot in the past few days, I wouldn't worry about it too much. As the coral puffs up, you shouldn't see it.
I hope does or I will be so sad and disappointed.
 
I hope does or I will be so sad and disappointed.
I am sure you will be fine. I see a healthy hammer in the tank, so of you can keep that you definitely can keep a scoly. Just get lighting and flow right!
 
I am sure you will be fine. I see a healthy hammer in the tank, so of you can keep that you definitely can keep a scoly. Just get lighting and flow right!
Yup one happy little tank!
 
He’s looking so much better! So I can confirm he was stressed from shipping so I’m going to be optimistic now! This also makes me feel a lot better!:star-struck:
IMG_7824.jpeg
 
I love scolys but I’m not home enough to turkey baste sand of it from my diamond watchman goby. I talked to a vendor and he suggested I didn’t get one :crying-face: .
 
He’s looking so much better! So I can confirm he was stressed from shipping so I’m going to be optimistic now! This also makes me feel a lot better!:star-struck:
IMG_7824.jpeg
Looks awesome.
 
It looks wonderful! Meat corals of all types tend to be dramatic shippers, glad she's settled in. Definitely get it off the sand; scolies are cliff dwellers in the wild and never encounter sand, so they don't know how to deal with it and aren't adapted to the microbiome there.
 
That urchin can cause damage to the scoly, and any other poofy coral that inflates
 
The scoly has been in the exact same spot in the sand for 3 years
 

Attachments

  • 65D05586-86AB-4E79-B925-4D1A1FA338A5.jpeg
    65D05586-86AB-4E79-B925-4D1A1FA338A5.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 78
  • 1D71255D-DC81-442F-A528-9FCF401287A0.jpeg
    1D71255D-DC81-442F-A528-9FCF401287A0.jpeg
    200.1 KB · Views: 85

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new