My first SPS

  • Thread starter Thread starter Waters
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2013
Messages
9,413
Reaction score
20,979
Location
Mentor, OH
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does he appear healthy? I have had it about a week.....the white tips are growth (I hope), correct?
 

Attachments

  • monti.jpg
    monti.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 253
Nice now you join us addicted sps nuts.
 
I seem to notice a common pattern from these responses which kind of scares me lol.........that aside, can somebody tell me why my Lion uses every new piece of coral I get as a couch?? I was about to snap a picture but he moved....he perches himself on top of the coral and sits there. Will this irritate SPS corals like it does my Yellow Figi and Pipe Organ Corals?
 
Looks good! Congrats!
 
Looks good to me! Not sure about the lion thing, maybe block his view of the TV from your digi? :biggrin1: I doubt the digi will mind much unless it's getting nipped at; probably just won't see as much polyp extension.
 
Great starter coral!! Nice choice. Once you master the digitata you can open up to the vast and colorful world of acropora...LOL! Good luck man!
 
As of right now, my tank is predominately LPS coral. My plan (again, as of right now :smile:) is to mix green and red Digitatas along the top of all of my rock and keep it mainly LPS. I just wanted to make sure I could keep one before going crazy. My LFS has a huge selection of frags of various colors. I will admit, their other SPS corals look awfully nice though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new