My First Sump for my first Reef

Calvin812

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 8, 2017
Messages
10
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20171209_111340.jpg 20171209_111340.jpg I'm new to having a reef and recently started my first one. It's a 75 gallon with a 30 gallon sump I made from a wet/dry filter system and a 30 gallon tank I had laying around.

20171209_111340.jpg


20171209_111306.jpg
 
Last edited:
Nice design...where is the skimmer going to go?
IF you look all the way to the right side back corner I have a back pack skimmer in there. I have a bigger one I'll try to add in the future as I get more fish and corals.
 
One suggestion, if Im seeing things correctly. The skimmer is hooked to the large area that will be affected by evaporation...Would it be better to hook it up to an area that has constant water level?
 
It's hard to see but the skimmer is in one of the compartments that the level never changes, right before it waterfalls to the lower level that will change with evap. It flows in kind of a house shoe shape.

20171209_133942.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new