My first tank: Fluval evo 13.5

Parsely

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to show and get some feedback on my first attempt at a salt water tank. I had no prior experience but am loving it so far.

it’s a Fluval evo 13.5g, everything stock, about 2.5 months old.

I just have a pair of clowns in there and a small cuc

I just added my first corals a couple of weeks ago a few different varieties of zoas and they seem to be doing well so far. Can’t wait to add more.

Now that I am starting to add Corals I think I made a mistake and put in too much rock. I like the way the scape looks now but am afraid it will look too crowded with Corals added.

I also keep going back on forth on adding a third fish, probably a tailspot blenny. I keep seeing the same tank with 4 or even 5 fish(I would stop at 3) but am worried about overstocking.

This forum has been great help along the way and I have gotten tonnes of great advice here.

Anyway, eager to hear any feedback you guys have!

0FF4AEE4-C096-4761-B1AA-52969F6CEE09.jpeg
8BA49A41-7653-4F53-A487-7B956F18DC56.jpeg
6169D2CE-09F9-42C1-BAFF-0210717AC56B.jpeg
AF02FB50-5FB0-445D-A7C2-7A16A96198A0.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

Parsely

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My main concern is that I think I might have put in too much rock

AgentKooper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! I'm cycling the same tank right now and looking forward to starting to stock it. Yours is looking nice and clean for a new tank. Have you had to deal with much cyano/algae/etc yet?

I think your rock looks perfect.

Last edited:

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Your aquascape looks great! The rock islands are always smart especially if you decide to add fast growing corals like cloves or xenia. If they ever start to get out of hand you can easily remove the island and frag them down. As far as the stocking. As long as you are managing the nutrients in the tank there should be no issue adding a third fish. It looks like you are off to an awesome start! Keep up the good work!

tyler labine ok GIF by HULU

OP
OP
P

Parsely

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your aquascape looks great! The rock islands are always smart especially if you decide to add fast growing corals like cloves or xenia. If they ever start to get out of hand you can easily remove the island and frag them down. As far as the stocking. As long as you are managing the nutrients in the tank there should be no issue adding a third fish. It looks like you are off to an awesome start! Keep up the good work!

tyler labine ok GIF by HULU
Awesome thank you!

OP
OP
P

Parsely

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! I'm cycling the same tank right now and looking forward to starting to stock it. Yours is looking nice and clean for a new tank. Have you had to deal with much cyano/algae/etc yet?

I think your rock looks perfect.
Kept the lights off for the first month or so and added copepods. I have had some cyano / algae but honestly nothing bad at all and it came and went within a couple of weeks

Back