My First Tank

Michael Joye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my first saltwater tank. My cats love help me with the tank and watch it.

IMG_0340.JPG

IMG_0359.JPG

kirbaay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats some serious lighting for that tank! clean build though. What direction are you heading for stocking? SPS?

OP
OP
Michael Joye

Michael Joye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to have a mix of Softies, LPS,SPS over time. I love the light. I have been messing with the output because it is very bright

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, nice set up:)

kirbaay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you probably want to run it on half power at first for sure.

OP
OP
Michael Joye

Michael Joye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got my ato system and reservoir installed. I love how the reservoir fit inside my stand. The ato system is Tunze and the reservoir from innovative marine

IMG_0371.JPG

IMG_0369.JPG

IMG_0368.JPG

Denisk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! That is a serious light over the size of the tank :eek:. Best of luck with the build!

OP
OP
Michael Joye

Michael Joye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is wrong with the light that I have? I got the light mostly because of the amount of control that I have. I know I have to tone down the light a lot. I am trying to find the best setting for it for all the channels.

zchauvin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What is wrong with the light that I have? I got the light mostly because of the amount of control that I have. I know I have to tone down the light a lot. I am trying to find the best setting for it for all the channels.

There is nothing wrong with what you have. That light is fine. I have a Kessil 160 on a 2 gallon

OP
OP
Michael Joye

Michael Joye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good News:
Redo my rock work plus add my clownfish into the tank from quarantine and my snail and crab to. Can't find my two emerald crabs. They like to hide out in little cracks. My damsel and clown are getting alone together. The damsel stay to the right side and the clown to the left. Got a nice size UPS for the heater and pumps

Bad New:
One of the three damsels died today. We had a power outage today for four hours, and I have not invested into a battery backup or an ups for the tank. Lesson learn the hard way :-(

Why does my clown swim in the corner of my DT? He did not do that in the quarantine tank, he mostly hid in the pvc pipe.

IMG_0379.JPG
IMG_0380.JPG
IMG_0381.JPG

OP
OP
Michael Joye

Michael Joye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a new clown into my DT. The first one is being nice to him so far. They are swimming together. I did get my test kit for Mg, Ca.Finally my NO3 levels are going down. Starting to plan out where I going to put a refuguim so I can get a good supply of pods growning and start working on gettting coralline algae on my rocks

IMG_0394.JPG

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back