OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I just read through the whole thread, John looks like you have hit every bump in the road so far lol! Glad to see things settling down and moving in the right direction
yes I agree, the road is much less bumpy now. Still learning everyday. Isn't it such a cool, neverending hobby, full of rewards?

Nicolas_Brown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes I agree, the road is much less bumpy now. Still learning everyday. Isn't it such a cool, neverending hobby, full of rewards?
Oh everyday, I think my wife is getting grumpy with me cause since I found r2r and lubbbock club my fire is blazing again for my tank lol now I'm getting yelled at for being on my phone too much haha

OP
OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll find a balance eventually. R2R is a lifeline for me and has connected me with so many great people. I'm really happy you got in with us at hub city, you are an asset to our community.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nicolas_Brown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll find a balance eventually. R2R is a lifeline for me and has connected me with so many great people. I'm really happy you got in with us at hub city, you are an asset to our community.
Thanks,
I hope I can help people and shed some knowledge for people. My friend who helped me along is an importer and had his own wholesale business. So he's shed a lot of knowledge on my and how to do things. He used to yell at me all the time for chasing numbers. Soon as I stopped the tank blossomed like a moon flower lol

OP
OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad and happy times all at the same time lately. I shut this tank down, cleaned it up, and posted it for sale. A learned some good lessons from this tank.
1. Build your aquascape with maintenance in mind. Don't create areas that will make siphoning detritus difficult, it'll eventually build up and be unsightly at the least.
2. FLOW FLOW FLOW. I like the gyre pump from icecap, I'm willing to work with the amount of maintenance they require to get water movement like this.
3. QT all corals. Aiptasia and vermatid snails were to the point of making me want to break down my tank. I broke down my tank, lol.

The happy news is that after taking this tank down, I found a used Oceanic 135. It's massive in comparison to the bowfront and very well built 48x24x29.

I'll link a build thread over here once I get one going. I need to re-finish the stand, plumb the bottom part, and get a massive sump. I'm going to use a refugium this time around. Thanks for eveyone's support and helping me along the way. Such a great community here at R2R. :)

OP
OP
john.m.cole3

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef is life for me, never gonna quit! How could you once you experience the beauty and unexplainable thrills this hobby has to offer. I actually dream, day dream, talk about, and live corals. It's the coolest thing I have ever experienced. I'm a very privileged individual to have all of these opportunities.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back