My Fluval Sea 13.5

lmk how it goes. im definitely interested if it does the two things well as the sponge with the quick access for easy maintenance
 
Just a recent pick of my tank.... been up and running for just over a year. I have only upgraded the media racks with the inTank racks. I really like the inTank racks... makes life much easier.

I have the Skimmer that goes with the Fluval tank but it made so much noise I removed it. I do weekly water change of around 25% so no real issues there. I do run one MP10. I have it on the lowest setting possible.

I have learned a few things. The original light actually grows softies very well. I tried to put in some Zoas and a clam but had to move them to my frag tank as they started to go downhill. I started to feed BRS reef chili and some Aquaforest additives once a week ... this works well for my frag tank also.
Keep the back chambers clean... I vacuum them one maybe every month... If I don't I tend to see an algae growth spurt.

Overall I'm really happy with this tank.

2.jpg


1.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new