My French angel only eats raspberry

DTz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I bought a large size French angel A little more than 1 1/2 mth ago. Got it from a lfs. It was eating pellets. I Put it into my quarantine tank n it was doing really well. Eating twice a day (20 medium size pellets per meal) . After a week or so I had to travel overseas for 4 days and when I got back it stopped feeding completely. I tried every pellets/mysis/brine/fish/mussel/clams/prawn and it just wont eat. Despite not eating 1 mth, it was still pretty healthy. Swimming around very actively. Fast forward to 2 notes ago, I saw my wife eating some raspberries and I thought what the heck. I'll throw one in there and it took it after a few sniff. I've been feeding him mainly on raspberries for last 2 days and it makes me wonder if it can continue feeding on just raspberries? Any advice will b helpful thx

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interesting! Like most angels They’re omnivores but often will prefer spirulina and algae. I don’t see any harm in continuing the raspberry diet.

You could try mixing in other frozen and dry foods with some raspberries too. I would get nori, spirulina pellets or frozen foods with Spirulina.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were a fish and my human started feeding me rasps, I’d ignore everything else too.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would worry that it will get HLLE without the vitamins from some meat. Vit A and E and some fatty acids are a good idea and keep the Lateral Line away.

Have you tried soaking the pellets in some garlic? Feed them at the same time as the raspberries.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

I bought a large size French angel A little more than 1 1/2 mth ago. Got it from a lfs. It was eating pellets. I Put it into my quarantine tank n it was doing really well. Eating twice a day (20 medium size pellets per meal) . After a week or so I had to travel overseas for 4 days and when I got back it stopped feeding completely. I tried every pellets/mysis/brine/fish/mussel/clams/prawn and it just wont eat. Despite not eating 1 mth, it was still pretty healthy. Swimming around very actively. Fast forward to 2 notes ago, I saw my wife eating some raspberries and I thought what the heck. I'll throw one in there and it took it after a few sniff. I've been feeding him mainly on raspberries for last 2 days and it makes me wonder if it can continue feeding on just raspberries? Any advice will b helpful thx
reminds me of my chihuahua. She eats cucumbers, radishes, oranges, berries, and of course meat. you must have a chihuahua fish.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would worry that it will get HLLE without the vitamins from some meat. Vit A and E and some fatty acids are a good idea and keep the Lateral Line away.

Have you tried soaking the pellets in some garlic? Feed them at the same time as the raspberries.
You could dip the raspberries in raw egg, so it get some protein.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Sounds like your fish may have gotten plugged up from the fish pellets. Keep feeding the berries and when it's regular again make certain you feed it a variety of foods including some fresh vegetables.

Trev

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about soaking pellets in the rasberry juice and feeding it. Sometimes it needs a little mind trick.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is to funny lol. Give it pe mysis, my bigger fish find it irresistible.

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully the sugars from the raspberries won't affect anything. Realistically though if it's grazing around the tank on algae an angel can go some time before adapting to other foods.

TerraFerma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He may have an internal parasite. This can impact their eating habits.

OP
OP
D

DTz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He may have an internal parasite. This can impact their eating habits.
Yes this is what I suspect too. I started mixing some metroplex into the food. Anyways I added some brine together with raspberry. It seems to start taking brine shrimps too

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back