My frogfish is acting weird.

MauiAnglerReef

I Love Frogfish
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2025
Messages
499
Reaction score
414
Location
Maui, HI
What state or country do you live in
Hawaii
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wartskin angler, of which I got 1 day ago, is acting strangely. He is swimming at the top of the tank, and opening his mouth a little bit at his reflection. Is this normal?

IMG_0257.jpeg
 
My wartskin angler, of which I got 1 day ago, is acting strangely. He is swimming at the top of the tank, and opening his mouth a little bit at his reflection. Is this normal?

IMG_0257.jpeg
I **** the light off because I heard that can reduce stress- idk what to do
 
There's a member on here with a name along the lines of "thelionking" who knows all about these guys...I don't recall his username, but you should try to find it. I don't think that's normal behavior. From what I understand, these fish generally don't have a very good track record or long longevity in most aquariums...
 
There's a member on here with a name along the lines of "thelionking" who knows all about these guys...I don't recall his username, but you should try to find it. I don't think that's normal behavior. From what I understand, these fish generally don't have a very good track record or long longevity in most aquariums...
I have an update: I think he was being territorial, as he was chasing his reflection, and now has calmed down. If he acts up again, I’ll talk to the person you mentioned 👍
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0260.jpeg
    IMG_0260.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 44

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new