My Full Spectrum LEDs

ghellin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still hate the term full spectrum when referring to LEDs. But very nice it looks great without reds and greens being tossed into the white channel. If people feel like making a crayola fixture independent colors should be on independent dimmable channels. Keep us updated with pictures please.

OP
OP
D

d00dy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still hate the term full spectrum when referring to LEDs. But very nice it looks great without reds and greens being tossed into the white channel. If people feel like making a crayola fixture independent colors should be on independent dimmable channels. Keep us updated with pictures please.

I agree with you, and I did make the statement that there is no such thing as full spectrum LEDs. It just allows for better clarification what I'm talking about. This was somewhat of a budget build and each color on its own driver wouldn't be feasible.

KorD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking building one, what size tank do you have and how did you figure out how many lights you needed?

I was looking at the 2 blue for every 1 white. I'm thinking of 5 whites and 10 blues plus I will be adding 3 UV, 2 lime, and 2 red along with it.. I will have three drivers on the controller as well.

Not sure if it will be enough light for a 29 gal tank, but it is a good start.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back