My goal is to ultimately get the Neptune Trident Analyzer. Which apex is ok?

sandy7263

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune's website says that the Trident Tester requires "Apex or ApexEL (not Apex Classic, Lite, or Jr.)." My problem is I don't know what Apex classic is? I know what Apex and ApexEL new look like. I don't know if there are multiple generations of Apex that will work. In summary, are they saying that none of the previous generation units will work and you have to have a new style?

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To run the Trident you need the newer Apex 2016 or Apex El....

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In summary, are they saying that none of the previous generation units will work and you have to have a new style?

Yes, that is exactly what ‘they’ are saying! I also think it’s entirely possible - even likely - that future innovations will leave older apex models even further behind. Unless you can find a screaming second hand deal on an older model and don’t care about trident, it really makes no sense to me to not buy one of the new models. I’m actually a bit surprised that Neptune still sells the classic.

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex El or Apex both will do the work, I will go with Apex for the additional probes. Anyway is big money so shot for the best one.

Joedubyk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex El or Apex both will do the work, I will go with Apex for the additional probes. Anyway is big money so shot for the best one.

You really only need the temp and salinity probe. The two biggest tank failures are due to temp failures or accidentally messing up the salt/rodi.. So if you're looking to save a few bucks -- you can totally get the El. I have the regular and the trident. Trident is awesome!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back