My Goby likes seaweed

Lol my melanarus wrasse is the main one in my tank to eat seaweed
 
Just sharing an interesting little video of my goby eating seaweed. I thought he was choking or had seaweed stuck in his gills; I didn’t realize my sand sifter actually eats nori. Looks like he just sucked on it for awhile

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FjQzPQQoJLDyQ6M3A
Gobies are omnivorous especially the sandsifters and love algae in their diets. They will also eat any algae on the sand bed fast.
 
Just sharing an interesting little video of my goby eating seaweed. I thought he was choking or had seaweed stuck in his gills; I didn’t realize my sand sifter actually eats nori. Looks like he just sucked on it for awhile

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FjQzPQQoJLDyQ6M3A
I love the way your other fish are photo bombing (or should I say video bombing) the shot. :-) Are those your lights causing the shimmer? If so what kind are they? I know a lot of people don't like the shimmer bit I love it (as long as it's not excessive). Yours is nice.
 
I love the way your other fish are photo bombing (or should I say video bombing) the shot. :) Are those your lights causing the shimmer? If so what kind are they? I know a lot of people don't like the shimmer bit I love it (as long as it's not excessive). Yours is nice.
Yep, I love the shimmer too. I’m running two Kessil A360W over a waterbox 135.4
 
Yep, I love the shimmer too. I’m running two Kessil A360W over a waterbox 135.4
Thanks! I have an AI Prime 16 and I wish it had the ability to add a shimmer effect. I'm going to have to check the Kessils out. I find the shimmer so calming. :-)
 
Lol my melanarus wrasse is the main one in my tank to eat seaweed
My iridis and all 3 fairies are the first ones to get hold of the seaweed clips in my 4’ tank and then my foxface will take it from them once they’re done.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new