My Honest Opinion About The Alkatronic

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone’s alkatronic next test time read inaccurate sometimes ? It’s 21:50 and it reads next test time 21:00.

markstubb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone’s alkatronic next test time read inaccurate sometimes ? It’s 21:50 and it reads next test time 21:00.
it always tests at the top of the hour, but i have no idea how it would show a test time before the current time. unless the time on the unit itself is wrong?

richiero

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just recalibrated all pumps after the 1st week of use as per Jonas and the results were great unit tested 10.61 and the salifert kit tested 10.5 I’ll take it I’m dialed in !!!

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just installed Alkatronic yesterday, working pretty well. What do black dots mean? It makes sense my alk would go up around that time per my dosing schedule.

8DBA5DB1-27AF-41D9-87FB-370C238846B1.jpeg

Also, does the iPhone app work on WiFi and how do I go about setting that up? Would the app work remotely or do I have to log on the Alkatronic page? I.e. could I receive notifications when away from home on my phone?

Johnic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just installed Alkatronic yesterday, working pretty well. What do black dots mean? It makes sense my alk would go up around that time per my dosing schedule.

8DBA5DB1-27AF-41D9-87FB-370C238846B1.jpeg

Also, does the iPhone app work on WiFi and how do I go about setting that up? Would the app work remotely or do I have to log on the Alkatronic page? I.e. could I receive notifications when away from home on my phone?

It means it performed a wash out and ran another test due to the last test being .2 difference. Once it runs another test it confirms if the last test was accurate or not.

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It means it performed a wash out and ran another test due to the last test being .2 difference. Once it runs another test it confirms if the last test was accurate or not.

Thanks!

stevem650

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set mine up 4 days now and first few days were ok and now readings are all over the place. When the Alkatronics is idle, how much water should be in the flask before the next test? I'm seeing about 62ml. I thought it was supposed to be 50ML. Is this right? The return from the sump, can the filter be totally submerged, fastened to stay under? I have it positioned next to my return pump. I am also trying to connect the alkatronic Via BNC to my apex. I have the newer Apex and eliminating the ORP and trying to connect using the same. Wont show DKH. Any tips on how to get it working? Sorry for all the questions. This setup can be frustrating. Thanks

Johnic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Alkatronic has about 60ml in it when idle.
You should have your intake completely submerged.

marlinmon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just set mine up 4 days now and first few days were ok and now readings are all over the place. When the Alkatronics is idle, how much water should be in the flask before the next test? I'm seeing about 62ml. I thought it was supposed to be 50ML. Is this right? The return from the sump, can the filter be totally submerged, fastened to stay under? I have it positioned next to my return pump. I am also trying to connect the alkatronic Via BNC to my apex. I have the newer Apex and eliminating the ORP and trying to connect using the same. Wont show DKH. Any tips on how to get it working? Sorry for all the questions. This setup can be frustrating. Thanks
Just make sure all the pumps are properly calibrated and you’ll be fine. The measurements shouldn’t be all over the place. Are these measurements far apart in time? Take several test measurements at once. They should all be very close.

Johnic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn’t have the return from Alkatronic submerged. Have it drop out freely.

marlinmon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 60 74.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back