My Hybrid PPE

Elan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought i would post a pic of mine since i saw the free giveaway on them. They've been growing pretty fast in my tank! I really want to get a macro lense so i can get a beter pic of the center.

polofrags055.jpg

polofrags056.jpg

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice... did you notice that some of the polyps don't have the full sparkling at some point... I'm trying to figure out what stage they start to develop the full sparkles... the ones that have them just look awesome... either way, if they don't have the full sparkles, you're still stuck with PPE's... :hammer: I have some that are lineaged to Perun and the Hybrids have the same coloration as the Perun PPE's... :)

thanks for sharing... :D

OP
OP
Elan

Elan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice... did you notice that some of the polyps don't have the full sparkling at some point... I'm trying to figure out what stage they start to develop the full sparkles... the ones that have them just look awesome... either way, if they don't have the full sparkles
Not really, they are fairly new so i will see soon. Are you saying some just come out as regular PPE?

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really, they are fairly new so i will see soon. Are you saying some just come out as regular PPE?
I've had mine for a about 2 months now and some of the sparkle is fading away and some are staying... I think these guys need higher lighting to keep the sparkle nice and bright... unfortunately, my lighting is only 150w MH... they remind me of the Mohawks.. they need higher lighting to show off full coloration... :)

OP
OP
Elan

Elan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought they needed less light?? I put them lower in the tank and they are doing awesome, i will ask the person i got them from. I have an 8 bulb t-5.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought they needed less light?? I put them lower in the tank and they are doing awesome, i will ask the person i got them from. I have an 8 bulb t-5.
for any newer z's and p's in your system, going low light is best... then you can move them up slowly... I have mine on the sand bed w/ 150w MH DE (20k Radium) on a 16"-18" deep tank...

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back