EFEB487D-1B78-4E73-9B3E-E4AF5018F26A.jpeg

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What part of the coral is the dimidate?

Dimidiate is used to describe the calice rim (radial corallite rim) of acropora esp where the wall is partially shared by the branch/ branchlet.

Chaswood, can you blow the polyps back on that piece and get a picture? I do see what jda is saying. Kinda looks a little like striata but the polyps are just in the way...
I was actually confused by what JDA was saying, as he said that " tenuis should have more axial corallites" But in that pic we were referring to it was basically an encrustment with a bunch of axial corallites and Incipient axial corallites shooting out of it. Maybe he meant radial corallites? or maybe he doesn't know the difference between axial and radial corallites?

Its my opinion that Sunday driver is a tenuis, the skinny branches, further apart radials remind me of how one of our Angry Birds colonies is growing in lower flow/ as well as being fragged off a lot, where as others in higher flow that dont get fragged off of too much have more thick branches / branchlets and radial corallites are much closer together/dense like traditional tenuis look fresh out of the ocean.

Then again, Im not super confident in being able to accurately differentiate between striata, vermiculata and tenuis, considering they can vary so much in morphology within each species, esp in aquarium/ artificial environments (lighting+flow)
I have seen fresh mariculture come in as vermiculata that you would swear are tenuis, and tenuis come in that you would swear are vermiculata, not to mention I highly doubt mariculture farmers are actually putting skeletal samples of their broostock under a scope to differentiate between them.

BTW Charlie, great progression, looks gorgeous!

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread from the dead... But how's this sunday driver going for you? @Charlie’s Frags

It's one of my favorite acros i've found!
It’s doing well……all three of them. I’ve probably sold or traded +30 frags of that one over the last 3-4 years. I sold basically a mini colony to well known r2r hobbyists/vendor a couple months ago and then I just hacked up another couple nice chunks for a couple other collectors.
image.jpg
IMG_2654.jpeg
image.jpg
IMG_2655.jpeg
image.jpg
IMG_2653.jpeg

Charlie the Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s doing well……all three of them. I’ve probably sold or traded +30 frags of that one over the last 3-4 years. I sold basically a mini colony to well known r2r hobbyists/vendor a couple months ago and then I just hacked up another couple nice chunks for a couple other collectors.
image.jpg
IMG_2654.jpeg
image.jpg
IMG_2655.jpeg
image.jpg
IMG_2653.jpeg
Wow. Thanks for sharing. As soon as I get more confidence with SPS I’m definitely dipping my toes in this one!

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa. Wait just a darn minute. I need proof of life that @Charlies Frags is actually still alive. Or are you some hacker that has hijacked his account? I mean that damsel looks familiar but...

Show me some recent nutrient measures so I can make sure it is "you" Charlie.

OP
OP
Charlie’s Frags

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa. Wait just a darn minute. I need proof of life that @Charlies Frags is actually still alive. Or are you some hacker that has hijacked his account? I mean that damsel looks familiar but...

Show me some recent nutrient measures so I can make sure it is "you" Charlie.
I don’t even test for those anymore

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 77 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.6%
Back