My Journey with a Clown trigger in my 150 mixed Reef.

Bpfor3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have posted several times about the clown trigger in my reef. Even when not mentioned everybody comments on the trigger. i knew going in it was iffy at best. Got him from TSM Aquatics on June 19, 2020. He/she was a little over an inch long. Super tiny and cute. He/she is currently every bit of 4" long in full adult coloration. Can almost watch him grow. he has been a model citizen. The worst behavior is guarding the nori clip and i have seen him nip at the urchin now and then. no harm. Until yesterday. He/She bit the crap out of a maxima clam. So time to go. Sad it didn't work out, but it was worth a shot. Most people say just keep them fed well. I can say that it is very very difficult to keep a fish like that well fed and your nutrients down. When he was smaller, yes, but now he can devour a ton of food and be ready for more the next day. having said all that, if he had not bit the clam, id still be holding on to him. he has already been caught. One good thing, is he is such a pig, he is easily trapped.

Video from his cute younger days. He is as big as that Powder Blue now.

Pistol Peet

Reefing , family ,God, country.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have posted several times about the clown trigger in my reef. Even when not mentioned everybody comments on the trigger. i knew going in it was iffy at best. Got him from TSM Aquatics on June 19, 2020. He/she was a little over an inch long. Super tiny and cute. He/she is currently every bit of 4" long in full adult coloration. Can almost watch him grow. he has been a model citizen. The worst behavior is guarding the nori clip and i have seen him nip at the urchin now and then. no harm. Until yesterday. He/She bit the crap out of a maxima clam. So time to go. Sad it didn't work out, but it was worth a shot. Most people say just keep them fed well. I can say that it is very very difficult to keep a fish like that well fed and your nutrients down. When he was smaller, yes, but now he can devour a ton of food and be ready for more the next day. having said all that, if he had not bit the clam, id still be holding on to him. he has already been caught. One good thing, is he is such a pig, he is easily trapped.

Video from his cute younger days. He is as big as that Powder Blue now.

I have a clown trigger that's a model citizen as well and he's probably four to five in if not 6 I do however have him in a fowlr tank though I wasn't brave enough to put them in my reef tank and there was a bunch of fish like him that I wanted so I created a fish only system and I keep them there sad to hear that he has to go they are such amazing fish their color their pattern everything about them is absolutely stunning

OP
OP
Bpfor3

Bpfor3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he is currently in jail awaiting transport.
wWhfUY1vSv6DU38%rl96XA.jpg

AfaceInTheCrowd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They behave until they don’t.. once they reach maturity say about 8” you’re on borrowed time, they will go on a killing spree one day and itl have the tank to itself .. beautiful fish mind

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back