The Hitchhiking Trigger

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
For those of you that have followed this story… Now that we finally got the trigger out of the reef we went and started putting additional fish in the system. The first, was a sand sifting goby. Now, the only other two fish left in this 130G system is a clown and a purple tang. Within an hour of putting the goby in the tank, he was busy at work. He must have been in his glory, as no fish has been sifting our sand in a long time. Then, about 12 hours later, we couldn’t find the goby. 7 days goes by, and still, can’t find the goby. 14 days later and we called off the search party and realized it is no longer with us. I can only imagine that a rock flower ate it(?). So, perhaps there is a trap door in the tank and the trigger wasn’t eating and bitting fish in half… but I had to laugh that the first fish post removing jaws instantly goes missing. So, I went to go get 6 peppermints at my LFS whom took jaws in on a trade in towards that goby and other stuff. In me telling him this, he shares with me that he had sold the undulated trigger within a couple days. The person that purchased him put him in a fowlr, loaded with other fish… the very next day the guy that bought the trigger called and asked if he could return it, over night every single fish had been attacked and lost fins, etc, at the hands of jaws. Poor fish. Happy Reefing!!!!

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you that have followed this story… Now that we finally got the trigger out of the reef we went and started putting additional fish in the system. The first, was a sand sifting goby. Now, the only other two fish left in this 130G system is a clown and a purple tang. Within an hour of putting the goby in the tank, he was busy at work. He must have been in his glory, as no fish has been sifting our sand in a long time. Then, about 12 hours later, we couldn’t find the goby. 7 days goes by, and still, can’t find the goby. 14 days later and we called off the search party and realized it is no longer with us. I can only imagine that a rock flower ate it(?). So, perhaps there is a trap door in the tank and the trigger wasn’t eating and bitting fish in half… but I had to laugh that the first fish post removing jaws instantly goes missing. So, I went to go get 6 peppermints at my LFS whom took jaws in on a trade in towards that goby and other stuff. In me telling him this, he shares with me that he had sold the undulated trigger within a couple days. The person that purchased him put him in a fowlr, loaded with other fish… the very next day the guy that bought the trigger called and asked if he could return it, over night every single fish had been attacked and lost fins, etc, at the hands of jaws. Poor fish. Happy Reefing!!!!
Your goby might be okay! I had one go MIA for 8 months. Saw him the other day, been hiding with the pistol shrimp the whole time. Sticks his head out when no one is there. Also my dogs barking makes it go back in the hole. Saw him through my back door window as I went to unlock the door. He might have just found a really good spot!

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like the trigger needs it's own tank. I kept a single flower horn in a 75g till the fish passed. It was foolish but the guy had such personalty I couldn't part with him.
Those are so cool though, I see why you kept him

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 6.8%
Back