My Juvenile Cowfish Identification Guide

ReeferHD

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 9, 2022
Messages
907
Reaction score
1,498
Location
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys. Quite often I see juvenile cowfishes being misidentified due to their small size and similar looks, so I decided to make a simple ID guide using shapes and patterns to hopefully make it easier to Identify the species of these small fish.
I hope this helps people here on the forum and maybe some divers who have come across cowfish out on the reefs :)

8367D0FE-827A-42DC-BE3B-14082AFAB791.png


Feel free to give suggestions and comments!
 
Hey guys. Quite often I see juvenile cowfishes being misidentified due to their small size and similar looks, so I decided to make a simple ID guide using shapes and patterns to hopefully make it easier to Identify the species of these small fish.
I hope this helps people here on the forum and maybe some divers who have come across cowfish out on the reefs :)

8367D0FE-827A-42DC-BE3B-14082AFAB791.png


Feel free to give suggestions and comments!
I won’t lie, I forgot the name of an oval and called it an egg. Can we call it an egg cowfish, I think it’s more fitting.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new