My lack of posting...

  • Thread starter Thread starter clowns101
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Your pictures are really nice! I do not remember seeing the chapel picture, which is really sweet too!



Not trying to derail the thread, but that photo is actually mine. I asked him on a preference in terms of editing the image. So he took a screenshot of it, did some editing, and sent it back to me with some suggestions. I was just learning long exposure photography at the time, and was have some slight trouble with noise. The dilemma in this image was that I wanted the lighting a specific way and the short star trails to be visible with little to no noise. After about a solid hour of editing, applying multiple noise reduction techniques to the image, this is final product. I was not completely happy the final image, but it was my first go at an exposure longer than a minute or two. I now know of a few setting changes that would have simply fixed my noise problem, hahaha.



Cape Hatteras Lighthouse at Night by Kelby Roberson Photography, on Flickr

Whoever's picture it is... just know that is is AMAZING and tons of people love it. Thanks for sharing it with the rest of us!
 
I need to post some more pictures in this thread, more coming shortly I hope, have done many more sessions since the last post.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new