My last fish, need some opinions

GratefulReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 75g mixed reef been a running reef for 4+ years I have owned for over a year now
Normal cuc(nass snails, hermit crabs, pink cucumber)
Banded Pipefish, Clarkii Clown, 4 damsels(which dont need to stay)

I would like to add a tang, as alot of them have great coloration and patterns and are reef safe. I have a 10g qt tank to keep the fish in for 6-8 weeks before going into main tank. I would like to stay away from the more commonly kept tangs(lemonpeel, yellow, powder blue, etc) but I would like one with good coloration, something eye catching! So what would you suggest, maybe one you've kept successfully in the past or currently?

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly IMO a 75 is pretty small for a tang, they require LOTS of swimming room. And a 10 gallon quarentine is out of question for 6-8 weeks. I'm sorry if I'm coming off as rude as that is not my intention, I however can imagine a scopas tang doing well in your tank, they're rather inexpensive and they're like a yellow tang with a patch of yellow that fades to a greenish black

OP
OP
G

GratefulReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats the issue I thought I would run into, size. I do plan on upgrading this tank, but it could be 3-5 years before it happens realistically so thats not really an option for now. Thanks for the response though and you didnt come off as rude at all, rather hear the truth than lose a expensive fish because people were scared to say something.

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some tangs are hard to keep. Blue tangs do well ,purple tangs are nice, naso tans are cool but i would get rid of the damsels before adding them. Damsels can be very agressive.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back