69151FFC-DFD8-4084-BB77-E9B404747167.jpeg

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My blotchy has some quirky behavior like he thinks he’s an ostrich. When u go
To the tank he tucks his head into a crevice and thinks u can’t seem him. Cracks me up all the time. My importer had 3 few days ago. Only 1 was left for sale. Healthy

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is the fish in your profile pic?
He's a Flaming Prawn Goby aka Griessingei Goby (Discordipinna griessingeri). It's one of the smallest gobies. I only have a 5g so everything has to be small and stay small. :) They're kind of cryptic but the minute live food goes in the tank (pods, etc) he's out and about hunting. The rest of the time he hangs out in a little burrow he made under a fake coral I have in my tank (until the real corals grow out). I've seen him out and about after lights out a fair bit. I love him! He's the crown jewel of my tank. :)

OP
OP
Sleepingtiger

Sleepingtiger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's a Flaming Prawn Goby aka Griessingei Goby (Discordipinna griessingeri). It's one of the smallest gobies. I only have a 5g so everything has to be small and stay small. :) They're kind of cryptic but the minute live food goes in the tank (pods, etc) he's out and about hunting. The rest of the time he hangs out in a little burrow he made under a fake coral I have in my tank (until the real corals grow out). I've seen him out and about after lights out a fair bit. I love him! He's the crown jewel of my tank. :)
that is an awesome looking goby!! So it only eats pods? amazing! No chance of adding that fish in a 200g!

When i first started the hobby and was very green, a lfs salesman sold me a catalina goby for my 135g tank. He promised me it will thrive in my reef tank. Lets just say after adding the goby, i never saw it again.

polyppal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
selling my borb when I broke down my last tank is my biggest reefing regret :( a member of my Reefing club has him, and I still visit him from time to time lol

You'll love it. They are a great stand-alone anthias

IMG_0427.JPG

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is an awesome looking goby!! So it only eats pods? amazing! No chance of adding that fish in a 200g!

When i first started the hobby and was very green, a lfs salesman sold me a catalina goby for my 135g tank. He promised me it will thrive in my reef tank. Lets just say after adding the goby, i never saw it again.
I've seen him eat the frozen food I target feed all my fish but I cut up the pieces really small. The problem with the frozen, he seldom leaves his burrow. He just lunges at what floats by. With the live food he at least comes out to chase it so I can see him. LOL. I feed live baby brine shrimp and apex pods plus frozen. It's quite amazing how fish can hide in a 5g. Haha. I had to laugh at what happened to you with the Catalina goby. This guy would probably thrive in your 200g but it's doubtful you'd see him too often. Haha. Also, if you have fish or corals/nems that eat other small fish he might become their dinner. He's only 3/4" and he came to me 1/8". I was going to buy a rock flower nems but when I mentioned I had this goby the seller said "don't do it". By far the smallest fish I've ever had. If your tank is tiny fish friendly and you don't mind just periodic sightings then I say "go for it". :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 32.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back