My little acro garden is complete

  • Thread starter Thread starter Waynerock
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
That’s going to get old real quick. Have you looked into lab grade metering pumps? That’s what I plan on doing.
Not for me. I really enjoy testing and dosing. I did it manually for 18 months before I decided to try a doser and this is what happened. Don’t get me wrong, it was nice when the doser was operating correctly, but this specific failure ruined that all together. Convenience isn’t worth the risk. I don’t know what I’ll do next summer when I go on vacation but that won’t be anytime soon. I’ll hopefully need a carx by then anyway.
 
Tagging along to watch these corals grow :) About dosing pumps ,, I am dosing my pretty much new SPS tank ,, manually ,, i haven't researched any of the dosing options ,, I know BRS sold at one time anyway ,, a kinda high $$ doser ,, I was going to start by looking at this doser ,, I am no where close to thinking about getting a doser yet ,,

Waynerock ,, keep us updated with growth pics :)
 
Side note. You may want to invest in a different doser. My x1 decided to turn on and not turn off a couple weeks ago and added a full alk reservoir while I was asleep.
Here’s my thread about it
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/sps-nightmare.641696/
I’ve switched to the X1 and is performing great, but appreciate your warning. I guess any doser comes with the risk of having problems. I really enjoy the convenience of using the X1 app to schedule and also manually dose.
 
Sweet I hope mine grows fast too! I got such a good deal on it I was able to tell my wife exactly how much I spent on it! It was worth the wait

01A12445-90D9-4646-A89C-4C28485AC432.jpeg
 
I giggled a little bit when I read your thread title. Complete...are they ever? Don't ya have room for one more? Lol
 
Always room for one more. I am designing frag plugs that the fish wear!
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new