My little captive bred flame angel! England.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I would post this as it is such a rare fish!?
I "think" this is the first captive bred Flame Angel to go in to a private tank in the United Kingdom.
The heritage so far is the Hawaiian program but I am having this checked, very few were released to Europe!
Feisty little thing so I am struggling to get a decent pic, only had it 4 days, I feed RS mysis flake it dives in with everyone else!
... She can swim through normal sized egg crate for some idea of her size

DSC07956 by sshipuk, on Flickr

DSC07961 by sshipuk, on Flickr

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A TMC import? TMC had a real time facebook video today showing the tank bred flames along with lots of fish and corals they import. Will be interesting to see how it develops. Only downside it seems is the cost at around £125 when larger wild caught are retailing for around £75 each.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A TMC import? TMC had a real time facebook video today showing the tank bred flames along with lots of fish and corals they import. Will be interesting to see how it develops. Only downside it seems is the cost at around £125 when larger wild caught are retailing for around £75 each.

I agree that it is expensive but I love the fact that it is 1 less fish caught from a reef somewhere.
It is doing great and is like a little red bee buzzing around the tank from 1 spot to the next hunting and grazing. :)

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lovely fish bud. I saw a recent discussion elsewhere with people arguing the worth of these but if I was in the market for a flame I would jump at the chance. Please keep us updated as she grows.

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lovely fish bud. I saw a recent discussion elsewhere with people arguing the worth of these but if I was in the market for a flame I would jump at the chance. Please keep us updated as she grows.

Thanks, when I got home from work and fed the tanks she was in the cube end for the first time that I have seen.
A lot of the bigger fish live in there, she dived right in amongst them for food! ;)

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. Curious, captive bred or captive raised?

GHsaltie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my goodness so tiny and cute! I think the extra cost is worth it to promote and encourage captive breeding projects. It seems like this hobby has made some huge leaps in progress just in the past year, I can't wait to see what 2018 and 19 have in store for us.

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! Happy little fish you have there!

I agree that we all should buy captive bred fish when we can. Much rather buy them than wild.

Doesn't look like any issues acclimating to tank mates. Good to see.

See you have a chalk bass, love those under rated little guys!

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool! Happy little fish you have there!

I agree that we all should buy captive bred fish when we can. Much rather buy them than wild.

Doesn't look like any issues acclimating to tank mates. Good to see.

See you have a chalk bass, love those under rated little guys!

Thanks, loving her.
Chalk bass is a little cracker, I have a very chilled tank, it has done "handbags" a couple of times! ;)

OP
OP
N

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How to explain her?
She goes about her own business, hunting and grazing.
She interacts with all the fish, physical contact, the only fish she is a touch submissive too is the jewel blenny (it is her tank) and the chalk bass (they sleep in the same cave as far as I am aware).
Loving watching her interact and settle! :)

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 14 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 117 66.9%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back