My little closet

jonleeroyix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It ain’t much but it’s honest work lol.
I had to make do with all of the closet space that my wife uses.. how does your guys’ storage space/water mixing stations look?

EAF61EDD-5FA3-4D19-A1B1-179468F1D56C.jpeg

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up my water station in a closet as well...

The collection can you can barely see to the left has been replaced with a Brute 32g can. The one in the picture deformed under the weight of the water. I have a 32g can for fresh water, a 20g for fresh water at tank temp for top offs, and another 20g on wheels for mixing new saltwater.

IMG_0331.JPG

OP
OP
jonleeroyix

jonleeroyix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set up my water station in a closet as well...

The collection can you can barely see to the left has been replaced with a Brute 32g can. The one in the picture deformed under the weight of the water. I have a 32g can for fresh water, a 20g for fresh water at tank temp for top offs, and another 20g on wheels for mixing new saltwater.

IMG_0331.JPG
Heck yeah! Glad I’m not the only one in a closet haha. I have a 125 gallon so I got the biggest trashcan you can get at 55 gallons, it’s honestly so huge I hate it, but it works so.

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heck yeah! Glad I’m not the only one in a closet haha. I have a 125 gallon so I got the biggest trashcan you can get at 55 gallons, it’s honestly so huge I hate it, but it works so.
I have 3 tanks.. 32, 55 and 180. My setup has worked well for me. The 20g mixing can on wheels is a must. I can roll it to the tanks to refill them on water change day. Saves a ton of bucket moving!!

OP
OP
jonleeroyix

jonleeroyix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 tanks.. 32, 55 and 180. My setup has worked well for me. The 20g mixing can on wheels is a must. I can roll it to the tanks to refill them on water change day. Saves a ton of bucket moving!!
Yeah I should’ve gotten the wheels for mine, huge regret when I drag 50 gallons of water across the floor literally 400 pounds but wow 180 that’s huge!!

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I should’ve gotten the wheels for mine, huge regret when I drag 50 gallons of water across the floor literally 400 pounds but wow 180 that’s huge!!

Go to your local Harbor freight and get a small furniture dolly. (about $15) screw a piece of plywood onto it to make a flat surface and there ya go.

The 180 is a FOWLR system. Bigger than I had planned, but I got a great deal on it off CraigsList.

OP
OP
jonleeroyix

jonleeroyix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to your local Harbor freight and get a small furniture dolly. (about $15) screw a piece of plywood onto it to make a flat surface and there ya go.

The 180 is a FOWLR system. Bigger than I had planned, but I got a great deal on it off CraigsList.
I got a great deal on my tank as well from facebook marketplace, got the whole setup with lights, sump, tank and stand, power heads, Apex system for 1300! I could not believe it haha

fergusk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a great deal on my tank as well from facebook marketplace, got the whole setup with lights, sump, tank and stand, power heads, Apex system for 1300! I could not believe it haha
Bargain!!

Not a bad idea. I've been thinking of making something similar but in the space between the couch and my desk. Thinking a thin John guest style tubing to route around the house in a conduit.. Now just to convince my partner that it's always been there.....

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep my brute can and setup in the second bathrooms shower. Dont have room to put that huge 32 gallon brute anywhere else. I dont want to place it in the garage because it gets too hot in there in the summer.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 109 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back