My mandarins just did this...

  • Thread starter Thread starter Harris3005
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Harris3005

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 12, 2016
Messages
329
Reaction score
228
Location
Scotland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had to move my pair of mandarins into a small 20g tank for a few weeks while my old tank is sold and the new one arrives. It's nice having them in a smaller tank than my 120g as you really get to see them up close. So I was just sitting watching them when I saw them start to dance around each other and managed to get my phone out in time to catch this:


 
Last edited:
That would be cool if you could somehow raise fry. I heard ORA managed to bred mandarins in capivity.
 
that is so cool!

I can't wait for my clown pair to have lil guppies haha
 
Thats awesome. Fish mating are a sign of a healthy tank and that they're thriving. Congrats!
 
Thanks everyone! I've set up a small tank and ordered Rotifers and zooplankton so next time they spawn I might collect some eggs and try to raise them up. I've read everything I can find on raising them, mostly the stuff by Matthew Wittenrich so I'd like to give it a try!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new