My Miami hurricane chalice is receding! Help

Jonathan blackwood

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2016
Messages
503
Reaction score
221
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So recently on one side, my chalice is dying... why I don't know. Nothing is around it to kill or sting or bother it. No fish in tank to nip at it. And I checked all my parameters at the LFS and he said the only thing out of range was my ph, which I now have corrected... it still hasn't stopped receding. .. I don't know why. All other side and ares are growing amazingly and colorful. Just one side all the sudden after 8 months of nothing wrong, it now has a issue.
 
Pic 1

1456383793537.jpg
 
If you fixed pH I would be patient and try spot feeding closest mouths to recession. I got a chalice colony that had a hermit eat a chunk off and it grew back pretty quick after I started intentionally feeding that area.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new