My money saving Reef Build

pierrelowey

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 23, 2023
Messages
42
Reaction score
76
Location
UK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have finally made the move from Freshwater/ Planted Tanks to Salt water (6 months ago), I was also dubious when I was younger as the cost always seems to be extortionate, but it has become a reality now I have a job.

I started my journey with tons of research, reading and hours of YouTube video's, but I wasn't actually planning on starting in this hobby when I did, but while doing my occasional window shop in a reef store I was offered a deal on a secondhand (nearly new) tank I couldn't resist! so here I am with a D-D Reef-Pro 1200. My long-term goal is a mixed reef tank with Lps and SPS.

I was always conscious of keeping costs down, so the majority of my tech has been secondhand with some amazing deals. My tank equipment is as below;

D-D Reef-Pro 1200
D-D Clarisea SK-3000 (filter roller)
Vecton 400 UV sterilizer (Yet to be setup)
Bubble Magus Curve 5 Skimmer
Ecotech Vortech MP40W QD
Jebao 2023 Wave Pump ELW-30
MATO 200P ATO
Aquati 5 Stage RO DI system
2x Radion XR30 Gen 5 Pro
2x EHEIM 250w Heaters
Jecod/ Jebao 2022 MDC 3500 Return Pump

the journey so far has been .... interesting and time cosuming haha but i am enjoying it. below are some pictures from when I started in Sept 2023;
IMG_5968.jpg

IMG_6097.jpg

i will follow with information on the progress and issues I came across and are still going through!
 
Great looking aquascape! Following along to see how your build progresses!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new