My Mr Coral Order Fiasco

  • Thread starter Thread starter goliwala
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

goliwala

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2015
Messages
131
Reaction score
17
Location
Thousand Oaks, CA
I feel like I completely got ripped off but I guess I deserve it. Should never have ordered from Mr Coral's website. I saw a few things I liked and thought not bad for the price. Ordered below corals close to $200.

Sopranos
King Tut Palys
Darth Maul
Black Rainbow
Riddler Revenge Palys
STRAWBERRY PIE Acro
Bonsai
5 Color Paly
BAM BAM BABY ACRO
Red People Eaters
Green People Eaters
The beast Limit Paly
PAPA SMURF PALYS
Happy People Eaters

After I placed the order, no order confirmation and no reply from him for around 10 days. Sent him an e-mail, he said he had a death in the family. I said take your time and let me know when you'll ship. A week later he asked if he can ship on Wednesday, I said yes. Again, re e-mail from him. Asked if he shipped, he said yes but still no tracking number. Asked for tracking info, he provided.

This is the part where things went really bad. Got the corals next day. All freshly cut (maybe two were not) and in very poor health. How can 24 hour shipping cause this kind of health issues? Acclimated and put then or frag rack. sent him an e-mail about the health of the corals with a pic. He said give them couple of days. Started to notice that most of these are not even close to what I ordered from him (Pics below, you guys decide for yourself). Sent him an e-mail that I didn't receive what I ordered; he said he'll look into it.

I just have a feeling that he never had these corals in stock and sent me some garbage. So far, he has refused to issue refund or accept responsibility. I guess he never had those corals so no chance he'll ship them out to me.

IMG_4316.jpg
IMG_4318.jpg
IMG_4321.jpg
IMG_4326.jpg
IMG_4327.jpg
IMG_4330.jpg
IMG_4331.jpg
 
Just to clarify that 4th pic from the top shows some of my corals to the right. Please ignore 4th pic from the top. I'll figure out how to remove it one day.
 
Well, looks like I am out $200. I hope this thug does not make it a habit of doing this to his victims (Customers).
 
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 42.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new