OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, she definitely likes the water dirtier and sits about 200 par. I run whites but only at 10% with a modified AB+ schedule.

The only problem with her getting bigger is the bubbles look smaller ;Hilarious

I've also noticed bounce happens at higher par. I've got godzilpa yumas out the cazooooo gold and purple versions. They bounce really well. Green stays at lower par but they bounce more around 250 par.
Screenshot_20210201-203247_Gallery.jpg
Thank you, she definitely likes the water dirtier and sits about 200 par. I run whites but only at 10% with a modified AB+ schedule.

The only problem with her getting bigger is the bubbles look smaller ;Hilarious

I've also noticed bounce happens at higher par. I've got godzilpa yumas out the cazooooo gold and purple versions. They bounce really well. Green stays at lower par but they bounce more around 250 par.
Screenshot_20210201-203247_Gallery.jpg

I can definetely see the intensity in your OG photo. Insane. Love it man. Im probably pushing 150 in hottest spot now. Ill have to check again soon. Before I switched out to the v2+ I was running a black box super low par around 50-75. Maybe 6 months ago now? Anyhow I am slowly but surely gradually breaking my shrooms in. Nothing fast happens under the light on the reef. As they get bigger and bouncier I move them closer to center. I know a few people pushing 200-250 par.
My Sunkist are still cupping in hottest spot and can't get enough light.
Minecraft could probably take that much lamp right now as well.

I just got a Yuma I think im gonna try pushing it hard. Im pushing the babies pretty hard too. I want them fully acclimated and growing at fullest potential to see what they can do:D

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
:oops:;Drool;Drool;Drool:cool: just a few;)

DonTavo27

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some moms and baby pictures :)
My first foot laceration cut baby and mom:D
20210201_174701.jpg
20210201_174645.jpg

Can't believe I let a baby of this mom go. I did come up on Neptune bounce though according to kid I traded with his is starting to go blue from center of cap with purple streaks!
I got green coming in on mom and dark purple starting on newest baby:D Really wish I would have kept that baby man!
20210201_174840.jpg
20210201_174225.jpg

@DonTavo27 ive seen your posts about manipulating your shrooms by propping them up on other discs etc.
Our minds must think alike because I've been playing with that for some time now and it for sure works real well.
Once they start walking they don't stop and my plan is allow them to walk a bit then cut the foot and repeat. Can probably get 2 babies a month on some of my shrooms by doing that.
20210201_174852.jpg

20210201_173045.jpg
20210201_174251.jpg

Cb Radioactive and Uranium Bounce starting to settle in now:D:D
20210201_174724.jpg

20210131_144044.jpg

Looking good!:)
Yes, propping up the Frag disk, even if it’s just leaning on some live rock, encourages the shrooms to drop babies.
It’s a trick I learned from an old timer in my area.
I think I’ve been able to get about 15 babies out of my mama jawbreaker in the last year, and that’s without even really trying,
she almost just moves on her own now.
My only other piece of advice would be to glue
The shrooms on 3” Frag disk, it makes the process easier, and gives you room for more babies :p

@MERKEY
That’s a beautiful OG! I lost mine, I don’t really know what happened, but my guess is that it was due to the original shroom being fragged in to 4 pieces, mine being one of the 4.
I can’t wait to get my hands on a natural pup.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good!:)
Yes, propping up the Frag disk, even if it’s just leaning on some live rock, encourages the shrooms to drop babies.
It’s a trick I learned from an old timer in my area.
I think I’ve been able to get about 15 babies out of my mama jawbreaker in the last year, and that’s without even really trying,
she almost just moves on her own now.
My only other piece of advice would be to glue
The shrooms on 3” Frag disk, it makes the process easier, and gives you room for more babies :p

@MERKEY
That’s a beautiful OG! I lost mine, I don’t really know what happened, but my guess is that it was due to the original shroom being fragged in to 4 pieces, mine being one of the 4.
I can’t wait to get my hands on a natural pup.
Thank you very much,.... I wish I knew this advice when I got her ;Hilarious she hasn't split or left a baby or even moved the whole time lol. I actually tried to pull the plug she is on off but she is till attached and now attached to the rock as well hahah. I need to get a proper JB, I thought I bought one but it seems it was not :eek:;Hilarious

here it is when I bought it about a year ago. And a more recent pic which got more red and then closer to today which has a LOT of red which has almost taken over.
Screenshot_20210201-204016_Gallery.jpg
20200910_194525.jpg
20210127_163742.jpg

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Redwood City, Ca. 94062 (San Francisco Bay Area)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No doing that would cause way more harm than good. Mine don't like sudden changes in light probably the most harmful thing I can do.
Strongly reccomend checking out brs investigates for your particular light and run there softie program and start there. But I wouldn't even do that suddenly. Over time I'd get them broken in.
What light do you have?
I have a Nano-Quad LED. This is a screen shoot of "mid-day" Not really sure if my fixture actually has all of the spectrums that are on this BlueFish app.
1612310609487.png

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Nano-Quad LED. This is a screen shoot of "mid-day" Not really sure if my fixture actually has all of the spectrums that are on this BlueFish app.
1612310609487.png
Honestly I say if corals all look happy and growing roll with it. My mushrooms did fine under Chinese black box. If anything I set them back a little when I switched out my lamp and had to acclimate them to it.

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I say if corals all look happy and growing roll with it. My mushrooms did fine under Chinese black box. If anything I set them back a little when I switched out my lamp and had to acclimate them to it.
Well the shrooms look shrunk and so do the zoas. The fixture is hand built (I think in LA)

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the shrooms look shrunk and so do the zoas. The fixture is hand built (I think in LA)
Zoas do horrible in my system not sure why. Some mushrooms can take awhile to acclimate to a new system. I know yours are fairly new and you've been fragging alot of them as you get them.
How do shrooms look that have been in system for awhile?

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoas do horrible in my system not sure why. Some mushrooms can take awhile to acclimate to a new system. I know yours are fairly new and you've been fragging alot of them as you get them.
How do shrooms look that have been in system for awhile?
The only shrooms that have been in this tank for a while are a Jawbreaker (looks good) and a Yuma that looks really good. I have pulled most of the high-end shrooms from this tank and put them in other tanks and they are recovering. Nice to have 8 reef tanks!

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only shrooms that have been in this tank for a while are a Jawbreaker (looks good) and a Yuma that looks really good. I have pulled most of the high-end shrooms from this tank and put them in other tanks and they are recovering. Nice to have 8 reef tanks!
Nice! Can't wait to get an actual tank set up this year. Wifes been bugging me. Actually going to get it set up for running sps and other gear I cant run on my shroom tables just not enough par to do anything with yet.
Awesome to hear shrooms are doing good. I can't wait to get new tank set up to see how and what some of my shrooms do in a totally different system without all the mistakes I made with this one:)

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I look at the tank, it seems really, really bright so I turned the white channel down from 29% to 8%. It still looks plenty bright and is easier on the eyes. Will let it run for a couple weeks and see how the corals react.

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No Trickography. This Jason Fox minecraft is a stunner. Toxic green cap bright violet purple vesicles is exactly how it looks all day every day:)
20210203_162742.jpg
Really nice!! I think you should cut me a frag in case you have an issue, you will have a back up :cool:

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I look at the tank, it seems really, really bright so I turned the white channel down from 29% to 8%. It still looks plenty bright and is easier on the eyes. Will let it run for a couple weeks and see how the corals react.
Id watch them tomorrow real close. Not familiar with your lamp so can't comment on what to expect but on a real note I wouldn't do anything with that lamp until you at least measure par.
With my lamp just a 1% change in intensity one way or the other especially on red and cool blue channel and some of my shrooms will spit guts. Sensitive to white fiddling too.
Thats a huge swing on white so be very careful.
Honestly I'd get a seneye and try to mimmick spectrum as close as possible to that graph I posted. And then break them slowly into it.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice!! I think you should cut me a frag in case you have an issue, you will have a back up :cool:
I cut her once and almost lost her. Never again will I even think of putting those thoughts into the universe :D
Next time her foot starts to walk im cutting that though:)

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id watch them tomorrow real close. Not familiar with your lamp so can't comment on what to expect but on a real note I wouldn't do anything with that lamp until you at least measure par.
With my lamp just a 1% change in intensity one way or the other especially on red and cool blue channel and some of my shrooms will spit guts. Sensitive to white fiddling too.
Thats a huge swing on white so be very careful.
Honestly I'd get a seneye and try to mimmick spectrum as close as possible to that graph I posted. And then break them slowly into it.
Sounds good!

Daddy-o

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out Jason Fox website they usually have them for $100. Super fair priced compared to other high dollar shrooms and one of my all time favorites. Nothing I've seen compares.
I just might. Right now I am committed to buying 2 Neptunes, Juggernaut, and 2 different Magic Carpets.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back