My new 40G Tank!

Andre.nicolau

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

I am building my new 40G tank and would love to hear suggestions about the equipments on my shopping list.

It will be a 40G tank 24,5x20x20in with the sump below it (about 5ft total height).

Light: RedSea Reefer 90
Skimmer: Nyos Quantum 120
Return pump: Since Syncra SDC 3.0
Circulation: AI Nero 3.0
Dosing: RedSea ReefDose 4
Refugium light: Kessil H80 Tuna Flora

I am worried about the Sicce return pump being enough for this tank considering it is not a AIO tank. What do you think?

Looking forward for your suggestions.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Sicce SDC 3.0 will be more than enough (good choice, too). I might look at a single ReefWave25 instead of the AI Nero 3 since then you can control the lights, powerheads and dosing all through a single app. I have a Nyos Quantum skimmer - love it.

OP
OP
Andre.nicolau

Andre.nicolau

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Sicce SDC 3.0 will be more than enough (good choice, too). I might look at a single ReefWave25 instead of the AI Nero 3 since then you can control the lights, powerheads and dosing all through a single app.
Tks!! I chose the Nero 3 because I like the way they look inside the tank and don't really like how this Gyre pumps do... But the app is definitely something to consider.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tks!! I chose the Nero 3 because I like the way they look inside the tank and don't really like how this Gyre pumps do... But the app is definitely something to consider.
You can't really go wrong either way (I've owned both).

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I have a 40g setup and it’s a terrific tank. I did the “Quiet one” 2.0 pump, which is similar to the Sicce and does a great job. I use an SCA 301 skimmer. My tank’s been up 5 years and I documented every step of the way. The link to my build thread should be in my signature or it you click on build thread contributor” under my name. Let me know if you need help with anything. I learned a lot through trial and error and am happy to pass it along. Good luck!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back