My new 90g

55g

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice peninsula build. Can we get a pic of the sump. Tell us more, how the build cam about and where you want to take it...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks good!

chefb_5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice rock stacking! that takes real talent ;) fill us in with what u us to make this bad boy run?

OP
OP
S

slipondajimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tons of plans lol . Right now it just runs a basic sump setup with a HOB skimmer. Temps run a bit warm for my liking (80-81) . Eventually I would like to add a proper skimmer and a chiller. The light running now is the Lumentek 180 but it is to small for the tank. I went back and forth and decided to get rid of the 180 and I am going to give the Current Orbit Marine LED a try. Revues are good on it from what I have seen, and for what I plan on keeping in the tank (fish, zoas, etc) it should be more then enough.

Here are a couple more photos. Will post more later with the new light on it

OP
OP
S

slipondajimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well I got the new light and got in set up. For some reason I thought it would be larger but it lights the tank just fine

Anyone out there have any first hand experience with them?

chefb_5

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the tank dude! What do u have for a heater? is it a programmable one? If so do u have troubles keeping it at a decent temp? I have 90 gallon and I do realize I live in a some what cooler area, but I have never had a problem. 2-3 computer fans should be fine and hook them up to a cell phone charger cords. I use 2 on top for the really warm days then 1 or 2 under the tank.

Last edited:

Funlad3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Loks really good! That red Goniopora is the highlight of the tank, to my eye. I love how the scape is away from the back end of the glass, too; it lets the fish have more room to swim while getting away from any activity in the front. I'd love to see some more caves, though!

And what wrasse is that? I've seen a few of them lately and keep forgetting their name.

OP
OP
S

slipondajimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still am facing temp issues. Wake up in the morning its about 79, before I go to sleep its 81-82. My house is about 75 . I really would hate to have to buy a chiller for this thing. Any tricks to try? I have a fan in the cabinet but its not doing anything obviously

OP
OP
S

slipondajimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Houston we have a problem! My temps are out of control! Right now I am seeing 82-83 temps. I It always seemed to be high but when I seen 83 today I have started to panic . Any ideas to try and get this temp down? Its about 75 in my house right now.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back