My new AI LED toy

  • Thread starter Thread starter ryno212
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
yea we were blown away how some corals just POPPED and other were near camouflage. and you couldn't see them with just the royal blues on.
 
Looking forward to your comparison between the color with ATI T-5 and the AI, Looking at making the leap myself.is
 
Great looking LEDs. I was wondering if the individual LEDs are removable? So they can be replaced.
 
I think you can buy a kit from them to replace the LED but not sure if you can do one at a time.

Yes you can go from 0-100% on each white and blue.
I'm waiting to program this one the profilux so I'm hoping that I can put the white, blue, and royal blue on each channel giving me me 3 dimming points.
 
Wow congrats man, I have been sooooo ... sooooo close to buying one of these modules for my 60 gallon cube to replace a 250W Metal Halide.
 
We just switched from MH to LED/T5's. Should we worry about bleaching? We were informed that when going from MH to LED's, you didn't have to worry. Of course it was the salesman who told us this. I believe it is a siligio (sp?) fixture. What do you think?
 
mbattles, if it is a Sfiligoi, you can't really get much better quality for a combo fixture. pretty sure they make t5/led, mh/t5, and solo versions of all of them and many variations and sizes as well. For straight LED, i was gonna go with the AI fixture as well, considering how sturdy it looks and how perfect the color is. if i had the money though, i would prob splurge on a Sfiligoi and go with MH/T5/Led or at least T5/LED. and mbattles, i would say YES please acclimate your corals slowly. i usually tell people whenever switching from any kind of fixture to something else, slowly acclimate, usually because the fixture you did have has somewhat used bulbs anyway, and you are switching to all new bulbs/reflectors/fixture. but from experience and from what many hobbyists have told me, goin from MH to either t5 or LED, you have to be careful. as long as you do it slowly, you'll be ok.

either lower the photoperiod and slowly increase it maybe week by week, or hang the fixture significantly higher than your MH was above your tank, and every week lower the fixture by an inch or so. or you can do both to be extra careful. either way, little to no light on corals will not just suddenly kill them. but way too much beaming light over them certainly can (or at least bleach them like crazy).
 
How many units and what is length of tank. Thinking of a 24" over a 36" tank and looking for light spread. Can you control all 3 colors seperately with Profilux?
 
How many units and what is length of tank. Thinking of a 24" over a 36" tank and looking for light spread. Can you control all 3 colors seperately with Profilux?

2 modules over a 36" would be fine but if you are concerned about having no darker spots go with 3. I have 3 over my 48" and the edges dont get as much light as I would like, although you can raise them for more spread.
 

Attachments

  • DSC00099.jpg
    DSC00099.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 201
  • DSC00095.jpg
    DSC00095.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 213
How much was that bad boy?
What you referring to? the lights were about $1600, cabinet I custom made, so didnt cost much.

One of the coolest things about these lights is the integration with profilux 3, which simulates lightning storms, and everyday clouds passing over. it is so realistic, the leds dim breifly just like on a sunny day when a cloud passes over.:wink:
DSC09239.jpg
DSC09248.jpg
DSC09372.jpg
DSC09393.jpg
DSC09355.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new