My new anemone.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Srt8killer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I did find a couple of pictures of what I was trying to explain. I have done this countless times for some of my tanks as well as doing for others with positive results for many years.

The plastic netting shown is in large rolls at Lowes.(comes in large roles and is cheap) I cut and form large enough to protect the anemone from intrusion from overzealous clowns to afford the anemone to get comfortable once settled where it likes to be...I've done so for as long as it takes before removing.

***I make it to the shape desired, spray with white distilled vinegar, then rinse with RODI fresh before placing over the anemone.

I hope this helps you.

56666801_10218392563868218_6857057932517834752_n.jpg


34258952_10215913563094748_6363499175832715264_n.jpg


34198870_10215913563494758_4318712791495081984_n.jpg


EDIT: Cut off sharp ends of the plastic netting and zip ties before using.
 
I did find a couple of pictures of what I was trying to explain. I have done this countless times for some of my tanks as well as doing for others with positive results for many years.

The plastic netting shown is in large rolls at Lowes.(comes in large roles and is cheap) I cut and form large enough to protect the anemone from intrusion from overzealous clowns to afford the anemone to get comfortable once settled where it likes to be...I've done so for as long as it takes before removing.

***I make it to the shape desired, spray with white distilled vinegar, then rinse with RODI fresh before placing over the anemone.

I hope this helps you.

56666801_10218392563868218_6857057932517834752_n.jpg


34258952_10215913563094748_6363499175832715264_n.jpg


34198870_10215913563494758_4318712791495081984_n.jpg


EDIT: Cut off sharp ends of the plastic netting and zip ties before using.
Thank you very much I'm going to try this
 
Unfortunately the anemone didn't make it. It's mouth just opened wider and started to lose what looks like it's guts [emoji17]
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 29.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new