my new baby... AKA The Café

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got some productivity did.

Frag tank is now the only drop on the manifold running. Rather than run that tank independently, I figured out I could just turn everything else off, and keep filtration going via sump.

Hit the LFS this afternoon, made a few adjustments to placements and flow. Owner told me "this is your tank while your gear is in it. Do whatever you want" Soooo I dumped two cups of wet skimmate from my home skimmer in there and added a full jar of Tigger and a full jar of tisbe pods. Installed my Reefwave 45 giving really good pulsing flow all around.

There is room in the sump for 10-15 lbs of LR and I'll bring that over later.

I honestly expected all of the acro to be RTN's and the brains to be a ball of goo. No such thing happened.

Moral of the story, even if you hate people, (yous know who I'm talking to) being nice, and kind and talkative. You may REALLY need that person's help some day.

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hows everyone doing i havent checkin in for awhile
Vibin, satisfied with current status of things. Eventually will get the itch when im less busy to hit up @F i s h y . Still ticked I was sick and didnt come out to help that day with @Lost in the Sauce .

Maybe toward the end of Aug?

Maybe some mud for the sump

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Frag tank is now the only drop on the manifold running. Rather than run that tank independently, I figured out I could just turn everything else off, and keep filtration going via sump.

Hit the LFS this afternoon, made a few adjustments to placements and flow. Owner told me "this is your tank while your gear is in it. Do whatever you want" Soooo I dumped two cups of wet skimmate from my home skimmer in there and added a full jar of Tigger and a full jar of tisbe pods. Installed my Reefwave 45 giving really good pulsing flow all around.

I honestly expected all of the acro to be RTN's and the brains to be a ball of goo. No such thing happened.

Moral of the story, even if you hate people, (yous know who I'm talking to) being nice, and kind and talkative. You may REALLY need that person's help some day.
Dude thats so cool. 2 Cups of SKimmate?!

NowGlazeIT

Happy to help, Ask away.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Awesome update

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude thats so cool. 2 Cups of SKimmate?!
Yes. The system has been up for a few months, but has never had anything in it other than two chromis. It was more of a cool infinity edge Display, than an operating tank.

There are a few of my Live Rocks in there with THINGS on them, but it was Way too sterile compared to what I run for me to get confident.

My coral are used to 25-35 no3 and .1 po4.

I tested the system at 2 nitrates and .01 phos.

The system is ~55 gallons. It was Wet skimmate. Not chunky gooey stuff.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The king of pointing fingers here.:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Adam Sandler Halloween GIF by Netflix Is a Joke

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True talk. I'm the king of faking it. I hate peopling as a general rule, but 20+ years in service industry & retail mgmt have my "friendly" skills

The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

I'm "friendly" as can be when I'm dealing with people at work (either myself or them). Yes, you never know when you'll need someone's help. But also, rule #1 - don't be a d. Especially to people just doing their job.

I just refuse to fake it with random t-waffles whilst I walk my dog so he can poop on the nearest spiky bush. (Context ref recent discussion). BECAUSE IT'S 7AM LEAVE ME ALONE. I can assure you I'll never need the park welcome committee help. :angry-face:

Last edited:
OP
OP
fishguy242

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
True talk. I'm the king of faking it. I hate people as a general rule, but 20+ years in service industry & retail mgmt have my "friendly" skills

The Simpsons Kiss GIF by FOX International Channels

I'm "friendly" as can be when I'm dealing with people at work (either myself or them).

I just refuse to fake it with random t-waffles whilst I walk my dog so he can poop on the nearest spiky bush. (Context ref recent discussion). BECAUSE IT'S 7AM LEAVE ME ALONE
we like you Danielle ... ;) :)

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
:anxious-face-with-sweat: ... I don't hate people. I love humans. When I said it hurts talking to people, I really mean physical pain. It's all driven by mental means. It feels like electric shock. There's no medication that works.

Hate leads to destruction. I've had enough of both in my life. I'm sick of it.

I honestly expected all of the acro to be RTN's and the brains to be a ball of goo. No such thing happened
I know there was issues. But this is good news!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Eagle_Steve @fishguy242 lfs recommended only 1 wrasse per tank. Fairy wrasse .

considering you all have multiple how does that work.

i have a 180 with plenty of hiding area.
There's a wrasse chart on whos a jerk and whos likely to be friends. Ahhh it's somewhere online....

If you want wrasse advice, stop by the wrasse lovers thread. They know.

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a wrasse chart on whos a jerk and whos likely to be friends. Ahhh it's somewhere online....

TY im trying to become a Wrasse lover :) I want a coris and fairy to hangout

Nate Chalk

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Now I just need to figure out what it is I have coming when I go pick it up. Bought it sight unseen because the one i had picked didnt make it through quarantine there :(

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
TY im trying to become a Wrasse lover :) I want a coris and fairy to hangout
You mean yellow coris right? If so, never heard of amy complaints. Pretty peaceful fish. I do believe it needs a sand bed. I think we spoke about that before?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back